Many of us are used to eating chocolate, but few know that the treat was originally enjoyed as a drink. It is believed that hot cocoa was created by the Maya some 2,000 years ago before being introduced to the world at large and undergoing various changes. It’s an especially tasty drink to have when you’re hanging out in the outdoors or participating in winter sports like skating and skiing.
Ingredients: cocoa/chocolate powder, marshmallows (optional), sugar, milk powder
1. Combine the cocoa/chocolate powder, with some water, and sugar.
2. Cook them over medium heat.
3. Add milk and heat it, but avoid boiling.
4. Serve it up. Pour it in a mug or cup.
5. Top it with marshmallows if you like.