《暮光之城-暮色》双语阅读 20

 来源:沪江原创    要点:暮光之城  
编辑点评: 小说《暮光之城》,作者是美国女作家斯蒂芬妮·梅尔(Stephenie Meyer),故事描写的是中学生贝拉与青春帅气的吸血鬼爱德华的浪漫爱情故事。仅在美国本土,暮光之城系列小说的销量就已经超过5000万册,全球销量则突破了8500万册。

 作品简介 《暮光之城》电影珍藏版  

《暮光之城》描写了中学生贝拉与青春帅气的吸血鬼爱德华的浪漫爱情故事。仅在美国,暮光之城系列小说的销量就已经超过5000万册,全球销量突破8500万册。

 作者简介

美国女作家斯蒂芬妮·梅尔(Stephenie Meyer),1973年出生于美国康涅狄格州,毕业于杨伯翰大学,主修英国文学。2003年的一天,她做了一个改变她命运的梦:一位少女和一个英俊的男子坐在阳光明媚的草地上谈情说爱。成为她第一部小说《暮色》中的一章。

Mr. Banner came to our table then, to see why we weren't working. He looked over our shoulders to glance at the completed lab, and then stared more intently to check the answers.
班纳老师走到我们的桌子旁,想看看为什么我们停下来不做了。他越过我们的肩膀看到已经完成了的实验,于是更加专注地检查起答案来。

"So, Edward, didn't you think Isabella should get a chance with the microscope?" Mr. Banner asked.
“那么,爱德华,你不认为伊莎贝拉应该拥有使用显微镜的机会吗?”班纳老师问道。

"Bella," Edward corrected automatically. "Actually, she identified three of the five."
“贝拉,”爱德华下意识地更正道。“事实上,她找出了五个之中的三个。”

Mr. Banner looked at me now; his expression was skeptical.
现在班纳老师看着我,表情很是怀疑。

"Have you done this lab before?" he asked.
“你以前做过这个实验吗?”他问道。

I smiled sheepishly. "Not with onion root.
"我羞涩地一笑:“但不是用洋葱鳞茎。”

"Whitefish blastula?"
“是用白鱼囊胚?”

"Yeah."
“没错。”

Mr. Banner nodded. "Were you in an advanced placement program in Phoenix ?"[/en]
班纳老师点点头。“你在凤凰城上过大学先修课程吗?”

"Yes."
“是的。”

"Well," he said after a moment, "I guess it's good you two are lab partners." He mumbled something else as he walked away. After he left, I began doodling on my notebook again.
“很好,”他停顿了一会儿,说道,“我想你们两个在同一个实验小组是件好事。”当他走开的时候,嘴里还咕哝着什么。等他走了,我又开始在笔记本上涂涂画画。

"It's too bad about the snow, isn't it?" Edward asked. I had the feeling that he was forcing himself to make small talk with me. Paranoia swept over me again. It was like he had heard my conversation with Jessica at lunch and was trying to prove me wrong.
“这雪太可惜了,不是吗?”爱德华问。我有一种感觉,他在强迫自己和我闲聊。我又开始犯妄想症了。这简直像是他听到了午餐时我和杰西卡的对话,正努力想要证明我是错误的。

"Not really," I answered honestly, instead of pretending to be normal like everyone else.
“一点儿也不。”我老实答道,而不是假装和大家一样寻常。

I was still trying to dislodge the stupid feeling of suspicion, and I couldn't concentrate.
我仍在努力把愚蠢的多疑的念头从脑海里驱逐出去,没法集中注意力。

"You don't like the cold." It wasn't a question.
“你不喜欢寒冷。”这不是一个疑问句。

"Or the wet."
“还有潮湿。”

"Forks must be a difficult place for you to live," he mused.
“福克斯对你来说一定是个不适宜居住的地方。”他若有所思地说。

"You have no idea," I muttered darkly.
“你根本想象不到。”我阴郁地低声含糊道。

He looked fascinated by what I said, for some reason I couldn't imagine. His face was such a distraction that I tried not to look at it any more than courtesy absolutely demanded.
他看上去对我所说的很着迷,但我想象不出是什么原因。他的脸让我分神,我只能在不失礼貌地前提下尽可能不去看他。

"Why did you come here, then?"
“那么,你为什么会来这里呢?”

No one had asked me that — not straight out like he did, demanding.
从来没有人问过我这个问题——至少,不像他这样直白。

"It's… complicated."
“这……说来话长。”

"I think I can keep up," he pressed.
“我想我可以耐心地听完。”他敦促着。

I paused for a long moment, and then made the mistake of meeting his gaze. His dark gold eyes confused me, and I answered without thinking.
我停顿了许久,然后犯了一个错误:对上了他凝视着的双眸。他黑金色的眸子让我迷乱,于是想都不想就回答了。

"My mother got remarried," I said.
“我妈妈再婚了。”我说。

"That doesn't sound so complex," he disagreed, but he was suddenly sympathetic.
“听起来不算很复杂。”他似乎不能赞同,但很快同情起我来。

"When did that happen?"
“什么时候的事?”

"Last September." My voice sounded sad, even to me.
“去年九月。”我的声音听起来有些感伤,至少对我来说。

"And you don't like him," Edward surmised, his tone still kind.
“但是,你不喜欢她的新丈夫。”爱德华推测着,声音依然很亲切。

"No, Phil is fine. Too young, maybe, but nice enough."
“不,菲尔人很好。可能,太年轻了点,但还是很好。”

"Why didn't you stay with them?"
“为什么你不继续和他们一起住了呢?”

I couldn't fathom his interest, but he continued to stare at me with penetrating eyes, as if my dull life's story was somehow vitally important.
我想不出他在对什么感兴趣,但他继续用那双富有穿透力的眼睛盯着我看,就好像我乏味的生活是一个异常精彩的传奇。

最新2018暮光之城信息由沪江中学学科网提供。

最新文章

请输入错误的描述和修改建议,建议采纳后可获得50沪元。

错误的描述:

修改的建议: