Many animals use some kinds of “language”. They use signals(信号) and the signals have meanings. For example, __1 a bee has found some food, it goes 2 its home. 3 is difficult for a bee to tell __4 bees where the food is speaking to them, but it can do a little dancing. This tells the bees where the food is and 5 it is.
Some animals show 6 they feel by making sounds. It is not difficult to tell if a dog is angry because it barks. Birds make several different sounds and 7 has its meaning. Sometimes we humans make sounds in the same way. We make sounds like “Oh” to 8 how we feel about __9__ or we 10 something on our feet.
We humans have languages. We have words. These words have meaning of things, action, feeling or ideas. We are able to __11__ each other information, to tell other people 12 we think or we feel. By writing down words, we can remember what has happened or 13 messages to people far away.
Languages, like people, live and die. If a language is not used by people, it is called a dead language. This language cannot live and grow because 14 speaks it.
A living language, of course, is often spoken by people today. It grows and changes with time. New words are created, and some old words have 15 meanings.
1. A. because B. since C. when D. as
2. A. out of B. back from C. away from D. back to
3. A. It B. This C. That D. He
4. A. each other B. another C. the other D. others
5. A. how long B. how far away C. how many D. how old
6. A. why B. which C. how D. what
7. A. each B. every C. all D. some
8. A. show B. say C. talk D. speak
9. A. everything B. something C. nothing D. anything
10. A. put B. drop C. fall D. set
11. A. give B. put C. show D. take
12. A. that B. which C. what D. why
13. A. send B. bring C. push D. get
14. A. someone B. no one C. anyone D. everyone
15. A. new B. right C. real D. good
4.C.the other bees其它的蜜蜂。