1. Li Ming said he _____happy if Brian_____to China next month.
A. as; come B. was; would come
C. would be; came D. will be; come
2. Jenny said she _____her holiday in China.
A. spent B. would spent
C. was going to spent D. would spend
3. -What did your son say in the letter?
-He told me that he ______ the Disney World the next day.
A. will visit B. has visited
C. is going to visit D. would visit
4. I hoped Tina ______ to my birthday party on time the next Wednesday.
A. to come B. is coming
C. will come D. was coming
5. Father said that he ______ me to Beijing the next year.
A. took B. would take
C. takes D. will take
6. We were not sure whether they ______ more vegetables.
A. are going to grow B. were going to grow
C. will grow D. have grown
7. She ______ to work when the telephone rang.
A. is going B. will go
C. was about to go D. is to go
1. Miss Zhang said she ________(visit) the Great Wall next summer.
2. She told him that she ________(not stay) here for long.
3. I wasn't sure whether Lucy_______(come) the next year.
4. The scientists said the world's population _______ (slow) down in future.
5. She said the bus _______(leave) at five the next morning.
6. I wasn't sure whether he _______(lend) me his book the next morning.
7. He was fifty-six. In two years he _______(be) fifty-eight.
8. Whenever she has time, she ______(help) them in their work.
I. 1-7 CDDDBBC
II. 1. would visit 2. would not stay 3. would come 4. would slow 5. was leaving 6. would lend 7. would be 8. would help