Who designed (设计) the first helicopter (直升飞机)? Who __1__ of the most famous pictures in the world? Who knew more about the human body than most __2__? There is an answer __3__ all these questions --- Leonardo de Vinci (达芬奇).
Leonardo may have been the greatest genius (天才) __4__ have ever known. He lived in Italy around the year 1500, but many of his inventions seem modern to us today. For example, one of his notebooks has drawings of a helicopter. Of course, he couldn’t __5__ a helicopter with the things he had. But scientists say his idea would have worked.
But Leonardo __6__ an inventor. He was one of the greatest artists of his day. By the time he was twenty years old, he was called a master ( 大师) painter, and as he got older he became __7__ more famous. Sometimes he drew a hand ten different ways __8__ he was ready to paint.
Many of Leonardo’s wonderful paintings are still with __9__ today. You may know one of his most famous works the __10__ woman known as the Mona Lisa.
1. A. took B. made C. painted D. invented
2. A. artists B. doctors C. painters D. people
3. A. to B. of C. for D. from
4. A. the scientists B. the artists C. the world D. people
5. A. draw B. paint C. work D. build
6. A. was just B. wasn’t just C. wasn’t D. was no longer
7. A. less B. no C. even D. very
8. A. before B. after C. because D. when
9. A. him B. us C. them D. you
10. A. interesting B. crying C. smiling D. surprising
3.A。介词to常表示一一对应的关系，“问题的答案”习惯表达为an answer to a question。
4.D。达•芬奇应是世人所知道的天才中最伟大的人，the world 一般指每个人，相当于第三人称单数，故people为正确选项。
6.B。这一句起承上启下的作用，意为“达•芬奇不仅仅是一名发明家”，故选择 wasn’t just。