Mr. and Mrs. king have lived in our town for nearly twenty years. They have a bookshop by the bus station. They’re __1__ to everybody and have a lot of friends. They often __2__ the poor students and sell them some books cheaply. So there’re many young men in their shop. Of course people __3__ them and their friends often call on (拜访) them and __4__ them. We can always hear their rooms are full of __5__ and quarrel.
It was a Friday evening. Mr. and Mrs. King were going to have a picnic on the island the next __6__. It was a little far from our town. So they had to __7__ earlier than usual to catch a six o’clock train. After __8__ a few friends came to see them while they were cooking some __9__ and drinks for the picnic. Mr. king and his wife had to stop __10__ them. They talked a lot and few of them looked at the __11__ on the wall. Mr. and Mrs. King were anxious (焦急) but they couldn’t tell the visitors about it. The woman thought for a few __12__ and had an idea. She said to her __13__, “Oh, it’s eleven o’clock! You’d better stop talking, dear! Our guests are anxious to __14__!
Mr. king heard this and stood up and said __15__ to the visitors and they left soon.
1. A. had B. polite C. cold D. careful;
2. A. help B. hurt C. hit D. watch
3. A. know B. understand C. meet D. like
4. A. play with B. fight with C. talk with D. catch up with
5. A. cry B. shout C. noise D. laugh
6. A. morning B. afternoon C. evening D. laugh
7. A. go to work B. get up C. go to sleep D. open the shop
8. A. breakfast B. lunch C. supper D. meal
9. A. clothes B. bags C. books D. food
10. A. receive B. to receive C. receiving D. to accept
11. A. phone B. photo C. clock D. picture
12. A. minutes B. days C. weeks D. months
13. A. visitor B. husband C. brother D. father
14. A. go home B. go to bed C. go shopping D. have a rest
15. A. hello B. goodbye C. sorry D. nothing
1. B.根据下文have a lot of friends可以推断他们待人友好(friendly)。
4. C.talk with 表示聊天。
7. B.为了赶早班车他们不得不早起，故选get up。
10. B.停下(手中的事)来做某事，用stop to do sth.，另外receive sb. 表示接待某人。