I’m glad it’s Sunday again. I can stay in bed 1 I like, drinking tea and 2 those thick newspapers that are brought 3 the newsboy through the letterbox at 8:30. In this way, I can catch up with all the 4 I haven’t got time to read during my work time.
When I 5 the papers, I then prepare my bath. The Sunday morning bath is 6 of the week. There's no need to hurry because there’s no bus to 7 and my friends are told not to call me up before noon on Sundays, so there is no danger of 8 by the telephone.
9 spend the afternoon after lunch is always a bit of problem. In summer I can go to the park and sit in a chair 10 boys playing football, while in winter I sit in front of the fire and 11 when reading a book, sometimes I turn on the television and sleep through an old film.
Then there’s the 12 ahead of me. Perhaps I’ll call on some friends or go to the cinema 13 a new film I want to see or to town for a concert. Oh, there are 14 pleasant ways of passing Sunday evenings. The only sad thing is that Monday morning is getting 15 .
1. A. as long as B. as soon as C. as well as D. as much as
2. A. read B. reading C. to read D. am reading
3. A. from B. with C. and D. by
4. A. things B. books C. information D. knowledge
5. A. am reading B. have read C. had read D. read
6. A. the much pleasant B. the more pleasant C. the most pleasant D. the very pleasant
7. A. sit B. catch C. get in D. take
8. A. trouble B. being troubled C. troubling D. to be troubled
9. A. What to B. How to C. When to D. Where to
10. A. looking B. seeing C. looking at D. watching
11. A. fall asleep B. go to sleep C. go to bed D.get to sleep
12. A. supper B. friend C. evening D. work
13. A. whether there’s B. if there will be C. when there has D. if there will be
14. A. so many B. such many C. a lot D. quite few
15. A. busier B. longer C. near D. away
1. A。as long as表示时间上的要多长有多长 。
3. D。newsboy是动作的执行者，所以用by 。
7. B。catch a bus 赶车。
8. B。被打扰，所以用被动式，of 后接动名词形式作宾语。
10. D。watch sb. doing sth.。seeing也很具有迷惑性，但观看某人踢足球还是应当用watch。
14. B。 固定短语so…that,，such…that 另，many， much， little， few前用 so而不用such。