Overhead bridges can be seen in many parts of Singapore, in the place where traffic is very heavy and crossing the road is 1 .
These bridges can make people 2 roads safely. Overhead bridges are used in very much the same way as zebra crossings.
They are more efficient (效率高的), 3 less convenient (方便的) because people have to climb up a lot of steps. This is inconvenient to the old. When people 4 an overhead bridge, they do not hold up (阻挡) traffic. But when they cross a 5 road using a zebra crossing, traffic is held up. This is 6 the government (政府) has 7 many overhead bridges to help people and 8 traffic moving at the same time.
The government of Singapore has 9 a lot of money building these bridges. For their own safety, people should be given hope to use them 10 rushing across the road. Old people may find it a little 11 climbing up and down the steps, but it is still much safer than walking across the road 12 all the moving traffic.
Overhead bridges are very useful. People, 13 old and young, should 14 use them. This will stop accidents 15 happening.
1. A. noisy B. not safe C. crowded D. not busy
2. A. cross B. crossing C. across D. through
3. A. though B. or C. if D. till
4. A. pass B. use C. visit D. build
5. A. wide B. narrow C. busy D. free
6. A. what B. why C. when D. where
7. A. made B. let C. built D. asked
8. A. see B. keep C. find D. feel
9. A. used B. made C. spent D. borrowed
10. A. full of B. fond of C. in spite of D. instead of
11. A. difficult B. different C. worried D. exited
12. A. past B. along C. about D. with
13. A. both B. either C. neither D. not
14. A. almost B. always C. nearly D. hardly
15. A. in B. at C. with D. from
2. A.make sb. do sth. 其它词性不对。
4. B.pass与bridge无法搭配,而visit ,build与bridge搭配意思不符。
8. C.keep … doing 意为“让……一直干某事” 。
9. B.spend…(in) doing 意为“在建立交桥上花费了大量的财力”。
10. D.建立交桥一方面有利安全，另一方面帮助人们。所以人们应该使用它们，而不是横穿马路(有如在建立交桥之前)。instead of “而不是”，“代替”。
11. A. 老人上下立交桥当然是有点困难，difficult形容词作宾语补足语。
15.D.固定短语stop sb. from doing，本句意为“阻止交通事故的发生。