During the war, an English pilot (飞行员) was hurt. But he was 1 by a group of nuns (修女). He had been very 2 and lost his sense. When he came to himself he was 3 to find a woman beside him. It was Sister Mary. She said to him, “This is a woman hospital. We will 4 you here as long as 5 , but you will have to follow our advice.”
The pilot 6 to make himself up for a nurse. He could not talk with the nurses or the nuns. He had to stay in a small room as 7 as possible. He was asked to shave (刮胡子) every day, wearing a beautiful 8 , and the nurse’s uniforms (制服) . It was a very difficult time, however he didn’t feel very 9 especially when one of the nursing girls caught his eyes. She was very quiet, and ran away whenever she saw him looking at 10 . The pilot found 11 fall in love with her.
One day he found the nurse working in the kitchen 12 . He went over to her and said, “Please don’t do that. I love you so much.” He started to put his arms 13 the nurse, and then drew back 14 . He found that the nurse was actually 15 pilot saved by the nuns just like himself.
1. A. caught B. saved C. killed D. helped
2. A. lucky B. hungry C. strong D. weak
3. A. angry B. sorry C. surprised D. worried
4. A. hide B. put C. take D. stop
5. A. possible B. able C. possibly D. need
6. A. decided B. liked C. agreed D. asked
7. A. soon B. much C. early D. late
8. A. clothes B. cap C. shoes D. sweater
9. A. lonely B. alone C. hungry D. hungrily
10. A. him B. me C. her D. she
11. A. her B. him C. herself D. himself
12. A. lonely B. loudly C. happily D. alone
13. A. behind B. in front of C. around D. on
14. A. happily B. sadly C. in surprise D. in danger
15. A. another B. the other C. others D. the others
2. D.他受了伤，当然应该很虚弱。而不可能是lucky，hungry，strong .
5. A.as long as possible 固定短语“尽可能长”。
8. B.clothes与 shoes 都是复数形式，不可能用在这里，sweater一般穿在里面，起不到伪装的作用。cap 最适当，因为护士都戴护士帽。
12. D.“她”独自一人，才可以向“她”表明心迹。Lonely“孤单地” alone“独自一人地”。
15. A. another 另一个，the other 其他所有的，others别的人。