The United States, Great Britain took the war on Iraq(伊拉克) in late March, 2003. 1 over twenty days American soldiers were in Baghdad, the 2 of Iraq. They ended the government(政府) of Saddam. 3 Iraqis died in the war. Saddam is 4 . No one knows __5 he’s dead or alive.
In some parts of the city there was no light because of the war. Some oil wells(井) were set on fire. Now the Iraqis need food, water and __6 . Many soldiers and people who were hurt in the war need hospital care. People also need 7 to find their family members.
After the war, some Iraqis broke into Saddam’s palace, government buildings, and stores. They 8 many things from Iraqi Museums. Other Iraqis are angry that the U.S soldiers didn’t stop the robbers(抢劫者). So far there is 9 no government of Iraqis.
The reason for American soldiers taking the war is that they are 10 weapons of mess destruction(大规模杀伤性武器). But by June6, they hadn’t found any at all.
1. A. In B. After C. By D. During
2. A. city B. town C. capital D. village
3. A. Thousand B. Thousand C. Thousand of D. Thousands of
4. A. A. tired B. run C. gone D. forgotten
5. A. if B. when C. how D. that
6. A. spaceships B. flowers C. people D. medicine
7. A. an idea B. a way C. a plane D. a bridge
8. A. bought B. borrowed C. stole D. brought
9. A. still B. ever C. yet D. already
10. A. looking at B. looking for C. giving up D. putting down
3. D.thousands of 成千上万的，thousands 前不加具体的 数目，是个概数。