Mr. Evans lives in a city. He was a math 1 three years ago. He taught well and his students 2 him. So he decided to work in the middle school all his life. But an accident 3 everything.
One spring he took his class to 4 a place of interest. The children saw a lot of 5 things and had a good time there. But on their way to school, their 6 hit by a truck because the young driver was drink. Five students 7 and more than half of the children were badly __8 in the accident. He didn’t know how it had happened and was __9 it and after he came out of hospital, he left the school and became a __10 . He tried his best to stop the drivers breaking the traffic rules. He worked hard and was strict with the drivers. So they are afraid of him.
One afternoon it was very hot. Mr. Evans was 11 . He was standing at the crossing and watching the traffic. Suddenly he saw a __12_ rushing towards the crossing. It ran so fast that it almost hit a man __13 a bike. He stopped it at once and saw a girl in it. “ 14 your licence to me, madam,” said Mr. Evans.
The girl passed her bag on to him and said, “Please look for it in it 15 . I can’t see anything without glasses.”
1. A. worker B. teacher C. doctor D. farmer
2. A. liked B. wished C. helped D. answered
3. A. beat B. won C. lost D. changed
4. A. build B. break C. visit D. find
5. A. pleasure B. dangerous C .safe D. interesting
6. A. bus B. train C. car D. ship
7. A. left B. lived C. died D. fell
8. A. hot B. hurt C. touched D. stopped
9. A. sad about B. afraid of C .worried about D .pleased with
10. A. soldier B. policeman C. bookseller D. cleaner
11. A. in the horne B. at home C .on duty D. in the office
12. A .runner B. policeman C. player D. car
13. A. riding B. selling C. buying D. making
14. A. Throw B. Show C. Lend D. Write
15. A. you B. I C. yourself D. myself
6. A.car 学生们外出参观坐bus。