1. No sooner ________ themselves in their seats in the theatre ________ the curtain went up.
A. they have settled; before B. had they settled; than
C. have they settled; when D. they had settled; than
2. I wonder if your girl friend will go to the ball. If she ________ , so ________ mine.
A. does; does B. does; will C. will; does D. would; will
3. It’s necessary that not only ________ to see a doctor but also stay at home for a good sleep.
A. Bob should go B. did Bob go C. Bob’s going D. should Bob go
4. In ________ , but out ________ again.
A. came the teacher; he went B. came the teacher; went he
C. did the teacher come; he went D. the teacher came; went he
5. It’s beyond description. Nowhere else in the world ________ such a quiet, beautiful place.
A. can there be B. you can find C. there can be D. can find you
6. Not until Dec. 2003 ________ caught by the US soldiers, and it was a great victory for the USA.
A. was Saddam Hussein B. Saddam Hussein was
C. had Saddam Hussein been D. Saddam Hussein had been
7. Only after ________ his homework ________ to watch TV.
A. he has finished; is he allowed B. has he finished; is he allowed
C. he has finished; he is allowed D. has he finished; he is allowed
8. Form then on we never saw her again, nor ________ from her.
A. heard we B. had we heard C. we have heard D. did we hear
9. “Never ________ to hurt your feeling while I was expressing myself in the discussion” explained Jim.
A. I expected B. expected I C. had I expected D. did I expect
10. ________ our bus; we’ll have to wait for the next.
A. Does there go B. It goes C. There goes D. Does it go
11. -It was careless of you to have left your new bike outside all night.
-My god! ________ .
A. So did I B. So I did C. So was I D. So were you
12. What a naughty boy he was! ________ .
A. Down jumped he from the desk B. From the desk jumped he down
C. He down jumped from the desk D. Down he jumped from the desk
13. On the opposite wall ________ one map ________ dozens of pictures.
A. hang; including B. are hung; together with
C. is hanged; with D. is hanging; as well as
14. You can never use my computer. At no time ________ that machine.
A. you should touch B. should you touch
C. touch should you D. you touch
15. Not until all the fish died in the river ________ how serious the pollution was.
A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized
C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
1. B. 因为以否定词或半否定词开头的句子，要用部分倒装，排除A和D。另外，no sooner…than…(一…就…)是固定答搭配，且no sooner分句中的谓语通常用过去完成时，而than分句中的谓语用一般过去时。
2. B. 因为由前句判现在还没有去舞会，是将来时态;又因为在条件状语从句中要用一般现在时代替一般将来时，所以正确答案是B。If she does, so will mine. =If she goes to the ball, my girl friend will go, too.
3. D. 当not only…but also…不是连接两个不同的主语时，以not only开头的句子要用部分倒装，排除A和C。又因为it is necessary后的that从句一般要用should +动词原形，所以只有D正确。
4. A. 主句是名词时，其后要倒装，但是代词时不用倒装。
5. A. 因为是nowhere否定词，以否定词开头的句子，要用部分否定。
6. A. 因为以否定词not until开头的句子要用部分倒装，排除B和D;又因为2003年12月是过去时间，用一般过去时，所以选A。
7. A. 因为“only+状语”放在句首时，句子要用部分倒装;但这个“状语”是从句时，从句不要倒装，所以只有A正确。
8. D. 因为“nor +情态动词、助动词或be+主语”表示“…也不”之意，又由前文的saw可知hear也是一般过去时态，所以用助动词did。
10. C. 因为以here, there, up, down, in, out, now, then, away, off等副词开头时，常用完全倒装。句意是：我们要坐的公共汽车走了，我们将不得不等下一辆。
11. B. 因为这里不是表示“…也一样”，而是对对方所言表示赞同：“的确如此”，所以不用倒装。
12. D. 句子以副词down开头，本来应该要用完全倒装，但由于主语为代词，所以不用倒装。
13. D. 因为以作状语的介词短语开头，句子要用完全倒装;又hang作“(某物) 悬挂在”解是不及物动词，不用于被动语态，排除B和C;又因one map与dozens of pictures没有包含关系，排除A。
14. B. 因为以否定词at no time(永不, 在任何时候都不)开头，句子要用部分倒装。
15. A. 因为以否定词not until开头，句子用部分倒装。