Once upon a time, some children were playing at seaside when they found a turtle(海龟). They began to beat the turtle. Just at that time, a young man came and said to them, "Stop!" The children ran ___1___ quickly. The turtle was very thankful and said, "Thanks for your kindness. I really would like ___2___ you to a wonderful palace now."
The young man rode on the back of the turtle and was taken to the secret palace in the sea. When he ___3___ the palace, he was very surprised and said to the turtle, "What a nice palace!" To thank him, the king of the turtles gave him ___4___. He had never seen such a dinner before. He received a warm welcome there and was very ___5___ everything.
After dinner, the king of the turtles said, "I am going to give you two boxes, ___6___ you can open only one." "You mustn't open both. Don't forget it!" the turtle warned him. "All right. I will open only one," the young man promised(许诺). At this time, a large wave sent him out of the sea.
After he ___7___, he opened the bigger one of the two boxes. ___8___ the box was full of gold. "My God!" he cried. "I'm ___9___ now." Then he thought, "Things in the other box must be expensive, too." He could not wait any longer. He broke his promise and opened the other box. As soon as he opened it, he became an old man. His hair turned white. His face ___10___ an old man over eighty years old. It all happened in a moment. He was sorry for what he did, but it was too late.
1. A. through B. away C. into D. out
2. A. wanting B. asking C. to let D. to invite
3. A. left for B. arrived on C. arrived at D. got away
4. A. a very big dinner B. a very poor dinner C. a very bad dinner D. a very small dinner
5. A. pleased with B. strict in C. angry with D. sorry for
6. A. so B. or C. but D. as
7. A. went back to home B. was back home C. went back to the sea D. was back the sea
8. A. To his surprising B. To one's surprising C. To one's surprise D. To his surprise
9. A. a poor man B. a rich man C. an old man D. a young man
10. A. liked B. felt like C. looked like D. looked