1. Stamp-collecting can be enjoyed by the rich and the poor ____ .
2. We were quite excited to catch the bird ____ .
3. They have improved their
financial status. Now they are ____ off than before.
4. To be heard over the noise of the construction work outside, he tried to talk ____.
(A) in the loudest voice possible
(B) in the loudest voice possibly
(C) in the possible voice loudest
(D) in the possibly voice loudest
5. Miss Smith makes ____ her own
clothes by hand.
(A) the most of
(B) most of
(C) the most
6. John is not quite ____ as his sister.
(A) good as a student
(B) as good a student
(C) as a good student
(D) an as good student
7. The most ____ time of life is ____ .
8. His intelligence is ____ .
(A) superior than mine
(B) more superior than hers
(C) superior to yours
(D) more superior to me
9. We all found it ____ to understand Lesson Three.
10. All four ways were open and Mark was ____ to travel in any direction.
11. It was the first ____ rainfall within half a year in this city.
12. New Yorkers accept the city's noise as natural and ____ .
13. Americans are becoming ____ of the dangers of cigarettes.
14. A farmer needs to know ____ words than a lawyer does.
15.We found it of ____ importance to rebuild the wooden bridge.
16.He took down ____ of the two maps and began to look for the obscure city.
17.You never feel bored while on a camping trip because no two days are ____ .
18. This action of yours was ____ than wise.
(B) most kind
(D) more kind
19. The lake is ____ at this point.
(B) the deepest
(D) the deeper
20. Chopsticks are ____ to use as a knife and fork.
(B) by far as easy
(C) quite as easy
(D) much easier