1. Medieval suits of armor, which were developed for protection during battle, are now placed in castles for decoration.
2. The change of style in these paintings should be obvious to anyone that is familiar with the artist's works.
3. Islands are actually tips of underwater mountain peaks that rise above water.
4. John Milton,who was author ofParadise Lost, was a key member of Oliver Cromwell's cabinet.
5. The secretary thought that it might not be the best time that she should ask her boss for a raise.
6. Gold is one of the heaviest metals that are known to man.
7. Here are some books that your brother can use.
8. Sexual harassment, which is a hotly debated issue in the work place, will be the topic of the intercollegiate debate next week.
9. There's nothing left that I can say now.
10. People that live along the waterfront must be evacuated before the storm hits.
1. ____ often found in fruit and vegetables.
(A)Vitamin C, a trace element that is
(B)For vitamin C, a trace element to be
(C)Vitamin C, a trace element, is
(D)Vitamin C, is that trace element
2. The most important fossil ____ in East Africa was that of an ancient female, dubbed Lucy.
(B) was excavated
(C) to excavate
3. Steve Jobs’ vision of the personal computer greatly expanded the number of people ____ the computer for business and for pleasure.
(A) actively used
(B) were using actively
(C) actively using
(D) who actively using
4. The Amazon rain forests, ____ the earth's lungs, convert carbon dioxide in the atmosphere back into oxygen.
(A) functioning as
(B) which functioning as
(C) functions as
(D) functioned as
5.Through a process ____ coalescence, water droplets in clouds grow to a size large enough to fall to earth.
(B) to be called
6. If you are looking for investment advice, I know just the place ____.
(B) to go
(C) you to go
(D) for you going
7. Penicillin, ____ in the early 20th century, brought in the golden age of chemotherapy.
(A) to be discovered
(C) discovery was
8. Those are not words ____.
(A) to be taken seriously
(B) to take them seriously
(C) taking seriously
(D) are taken seriously
9. The mouse, like the keyboard,is a control device ____ to a computer.
(B) to connect it
(C) and connect
(D) that connect
10. An amendment to the Constitution ____ in Harry Truman's tenure limits the US presidency to two terms.
(B) to pass
(D) was passed