1. After he was told to report to his supervisor, the clerk left in a hurry.
2. Although he was ordered to leave, the soldier did not move an inch.
3. The plan must be modified before it is put into effect.
4. Because it had been bombed twice in the previous week, the village was
a total wreck.
5. When all things are considered,I cannot truly say that this was an
6. When the job was done, the secretary went home.
7. He took on two extra jobs so that he could feed his family.
8. If you are in doubt,you should look up the word in the dictionary.
9. Because pork is so expensive,I'm buying beef instead.
10. When we consider his handicap,he has done very well indeed.
1.____ not a big star, the actor played in hundreds of films.
(B) He was
2. Eisenhauer was president of Columbia University ____ President of the USA.
(A) before he becomes
(B) before becoming
(D) before became
3. Gold remains stable even ____
to extremely high temperatures.
(A) when is heated
(B) it is heated
(C) when to heat
(D) when heated
4.____, the stock market crashed.
(A) With investor confidence gone
(B) When investor confidence gone
(C) When investors lose confidence
(D) With investors lost confidence
5. A monkey's brain is small____with the human brain.
(A) when they are compared
(B) when compare
(D) to compare them
6. Picasso did many of his abstract paintings____living in Paris.
(A) that he was
7.____ at correct angles,diamonds reflect light brilliantly.
(A) When carved
(B) If it is carved
(D) If carving
8.____,the children gradually learned to be independent.
(A) Because their father gone
(B) Their father was gone
(C) Due to their father was gone
(D) With their father gone
9.She broke into tears____the news.
(A) upon hearing
(B) because hearing
(C) when heard
(D) when she hears
10.____the truth,I know nothing about it.
(A) To tell you
(B) Telling you
(C) I tell you
(D) I told you