1. That he sends flowers to his girlfriend every day is the only way he can think of to gain her favor.
2. That the legislator was involved in the fraud is rather obvious.
3. The student denied that he had cheated in the exam.
4. The researcher is certain that he has found a solution.
5. The residents were not aware that they were being exposed to radiation.
6. I consider that this is a most unfortunate incident.
7. That John comes to school late every day cannot go on much longer.
8. That he was named the new CEO came as a surprise to everybody.
9. I would like that you can look after the kids for me this evening.
10. It is a privilege that one can live in these monumental times.
1. Don't worry; I'll show you____
(A) that you should do
(B) what to do
(C) what to do it
(D) that to do
2. Ministers are used to ____ with respect.
(C) being treated
3. ____ is one thing I cannot stand.
(A) Being lied
(B) Being lied to
(C) To being lied
(D) To be lied
4. The boy is worried ____ .
(A) that will fail in the exam
(B) about failing in the exam
(C) failing in the exam
(D) about being failed in the exam
5. You mustn't forget ____ before you leave for London.
(A) to give me a call
(B) giving me a call
(C) give me a call
(D) given me a call
6. They intend ____ this coming Christmas.
(A) to get married
(B) getting married
(C) get married
(D) got married
7. To say you don't remember is ____ you didn't pay any attention at the time.
(B) to say
8. The decision to emigrate does not necessarily mean____in the country.
(A) cutting off all ties
(B) that cuts off all ties
(C) that ties cut off
(D) cut off all ties
9. You can count on ____the election even before all the results are in.
(B) to win
(D) that you will win
10.I never expected ____ in this mess.
(C) to be involved