1. They ________ (visit) the Science Museum next Sunday.
2. Mr. Wang ________ (teach) us English two years ago.
3. The teacher said that the moon ________ (go) round the earth.
4. The Young Pioneers will go to the zoo if it ________ (not rain) this Sunday.
5. Summer is _______ (hot) season of the year.
6. Who is _______ (tall), the girl or the boy?
7. I think English is _______ (interesting) than math.
8. The more, the _______ (good).
9. The people’s life in Southern Africa is getting _______ and _______ (bad).
10. The car driver is very _______ (careful) when he is driving.
11. Shanghai is one of _______ (big) cities in the world.
12. My father _______ (have) his lunch in the factory every day.
13. Chinese is also one of the most important ________ in the world. (language)
14. The population of China is _______ than _______ of any other country in the world.
A. larger, the one B. more, that
C. larger, that D. more, the one
15. The number of the trees around my village is getting _______.
A. larger and larger B. higher and higher C. more and more D. less and less
16. She is as _______ as a bee.
A. busy B. busier C. the busiest D. more busy
17. It is _______ to work out this problem. (前n. /adj.后)
A. enough easy B. easy enough
C. easily enough D. very easily
18. — Don’t make any noise in the living room! My baby is sleeping. —_______.
A. Sorry, I won’t B. It doesn’t matter
C. Excuse me, I’m wrong D. Certainly, I won’t
19.—What do you do? —_______.
A. I am thirteen B. I work hard
C. I’m fine D. I’m a student
20. —Andy isn’t going out this evening, is she?
—_______. She has to stay at home to look after her sick mother.
A. Yes, she is B. No, she isn’t
C. Yes, she isn’t D. No, she is
21. —Hello. May I speak to Mr. Wang?
—Who’s calling, please.
A. I’m Mr. Wang B. Mr. Wang is here
C. This is Mr. Wang speaking D. Mr. Wang is calling
22. —I fell and hurt my leg just now.
A. Be careful B. It doesn’t matter
C. I’m sorry to hear that D. Nothing serious
23. Both of the two rulers are broken. I want to buy a _______ one.
A. three B. third C. forth D. /
24 Turn to page _____ and look at the ___ picture.
A. twentieth, one B. twenty, one
C. twentieth, first D. twenty, first
25. It’s very nice _______ you to take care of my baby while I was away. （品质）
A. for B. of C. with D. to
26. —I’m looking forward ____ taking a holiday in Hainan.
—So am I. It’s great to be _______ holiday there.
A. for, on B. to, at C. to, on D. for, at
27. I’m sure you know the difference ____ “look for” and “find”. A. from B. for C. to D. between
28. Oliver was so busy_______ a novel that he _______ to have dinner. ( too…to 区别)
A. reading, forgets B. to read, forgets
C. to read, forgot D. reading, forgot
29. At weekends I prefer _______ at home to ____out.
A. stay, going B. staying, go
C. staying, going D. to stay, go
30. He asked his father ______ questions.
A. few B. little C. a little D. a few
31. He is good at English and he can speak English very ________. A. good B. nice C. well D. fine
32 Listen! Someone ________ next door.
A. sing B. is singing C. sings D. is gong to sing
33. He often gets ________ _______ Sunday afternoon..
A. to home, in B. at home. in
C. home, on D. in home, in
34. _______ information he offered us! We all thank him. A. What useful B. What useless
C. How useful D. How useless
35 --- ________ do you write to your pen-friend?
--- Once a week.
A. How long B. How soon
C. How far D. How often
36. The boys and girls often play ______ piano in ________ afternoon. ( on a hot afternoon)
A. /；an B. the；the C. /；the D. the；an
37. There______ many students in the classroom.
A. are B. is C. be D. have
38. The sun rises ______ and goes down ______.
A. in the east, in the west B. in the west, in the east
C. to the east, to the west D.from the east, from the west
39. One of the boys is _____, all the other boys are _____.
A. English , China B. an English, Chinese
C. England , China D. English, Chinese
40. Mrs Hu asked Liu Fang and _____ to take part in the English meeting.
A.I B. my C. me D. mine
41. This is my bag, and that is ______.
A. he B. his C. him D. they
42. It _____ us two hours’ walk to get to our school.
A. take B. takes C. spend D. paid
43. We should keep _______ in the reading-room.
A. quite B. quietly C. quiet D. quickly
44. Good food ______ us healthy.
A. gives B. helps C. keeps D. does
45. —It’s too hot. Would you mind _______ the door?
—_______. Please do it now.
A. to open, OK B. opening, Certainly not
C. opening, Of course D. to open, Good idea
46. You’d better ______ football in the street.
A. not play B. playing C. not to play D. play
47. At last, the thief handed everything ______ he had stolen to the police. (it, this/that)
A. which B. what C. that D. who
48. A spaceship flies at about eleven kilometers _______ second.
A. / B. the C. a D. an
49 I want to know_____
A. what is his name B. what’s his name
C. that his name is D. what his name is
50. Success depends on _____ we make enough effort.
A. whether B. if C. that D what
51. Please tell us ____ to go or stay here.
A. whether B. if C. that D. what
52. He asked me ____I hadn’t finish my work.
A. whether B. if C. that D. what
53. If the glass falls to the ground, it ___broken.
A. will B. will be C. is D. was
54 I like playing ____ piano.
A. / B. a C. the D. an
55. ______ for the heavy traffic.
A. Look after B Look out
C. Come out D. Look up
56. She is _______of the two.
A. the cleverest B. the cleverer
C. the clever D. cleverest
57. _____ you work, _____ you will do.
A. Harder, better B. The harder, the worse
C. Hardest, best D. The harder, the better
58. _____ Yellow River is the second _____ river is our country.
A. /, long B. The, longest C. /, longer D. The, long
1. Uncle Li likes making things. (改为否定句)
2. There’s something to eat in the cupboard. (改为一般疑问句)
3. Lanzhou is a beautiful city. (改为感叹句) _______ _______ beautiful city Lanzhou is!
4. They may plant fruit trees on the hill next spring. (改为被动语态)
Fruit trees may _______ _______ on the hill next spring.
5. Where does he live? I don’t know. (改为含宾语从句的复合句) I don’t know _______ _______ _______.
6. His sister had lunch at school yesterday. (改为一般疑问句) ____ his sister ______ lunch at school yesterday?
7. The box was so heavy that she couldn’t carry it.
The box was ________ heavy ________ her _____carry.
8. Does Jack come from Japan? Do you know? (合并成一个句子)
My son Joey was born with club feet. The doctors said that with treatment he would be able to walk, but would never run very well. The first three years of his life was ___1___ in hospital. By the time he was eight, you wouldn’t know he has a problem when you saw him ___2___.
Children in our neighborhood always ran around ___3___ their play, and Joey would jump and ran and play, ___4___. We never told him that he probably wouldn’t be ___5___ to run like the other children. So he didn’t know.
In ___6___ grade he decided to join the school running team. Every day he trained. He ran more than any of the others, ___7___ only the top seven runners would be chosen to run for the ___8___. We didn’t tell him he probably would never make the team, so he didn’t know.
He ran four to five mile every day—even when he had a fever. I was ___9___, so I went to ___10___ him after school. I found him running ___11___. I asked him how he felt. “Okay,” he said. He has two more miles to go. Yet he looked straight ahead and kept ___12___.
Two weeks later, the names of the team ___13___ were out. Joey was number six on the list. Joey had ___14___ the team. He was in seventh grade — the other six team members were all eighth graders. We never told him he couldn’t do it … so he didn’t know. He just ___15___ it.
1. A. spent B. taken C. cost D. paid
2. A. talk B. sit C. study D. walk
3. A. after B. before C. during D. till
4. A. either B. too C. though D. yet
5. A. able B. sorry C. glad D. afraid
6. A. sixth B. seventh C. eighth D. ninth
7. A. so B. if C. then D. because
8. A. neighborhood B. family C. school D. grade
9. A. excited B. tired C. pleased D. worried
10. A. think about B. hear from C. agree with
D. look for
11. A. alone B. away C. almost D. already
12. A. riding B. walking C. playing D. running
13. A. jumpers B. runners C. doctors D. teachers
14. A. got B. kept C. made D. found
15. A. made B. played C. had D. took
Fire can help people in many ways. But it can be very dangerous. Fire can heat water, warm houses, give light and cook. But fire can burn things, too. It can burn trees, houses, animals or people. Sometimes big fire can burn forests.
Nobody knows for sure how people began to use fire. But there are many interesting stories about the first time a man or a woman started a fire. One story from Australia tells about a man very, very long time ago. He went up to the sun by a rope (绳子) and brought fire down.
Today people know how to make a fire with matches (火柴). Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous. One match can burn a piece of paper, and then it might burn a house. A small fire can become a big fire very fast. Fire kills many people every year. So you must be careful with matches. You should also learn to put fires. Fires need oxygen (氧气). Without oxygen they will die. Cover a fire with water, sand or sometimes with your coat. This keeps the air away from a fire and kills it. Be careful with fire, and it will help you. Be careless with fire, and it will burn you.
1.How did people begin to use fire? _________.
A. Not everybody knows how people began to use fire
B. Nobody knows how to make a fire
C. It is an Australian who started a fire
D. We are not sure how people began to use fire
2. Children mustn’t play with matches because ________.
A. matches burn paper B. it isn’t interesting
C. they can be dangerous D. they can burn a house
3. When you are going to put out a fire, you ______,
A. must be careful B. should keep air away from it
C. must know it is dangerous
D. should cover it with water
4. We must be careful with fire, or it ________.
A. will die B. will warm our houses
C. might burn us D. won’t help us
5. Which of the following is the main idea of this passage?
A. Fire can help people in many ways.
B. Fire can be both helpful and dangerous
C. Fire can burn things and people
D. We must be careful with matches