（ ）1. A. tonight B. policeman C. potato D. told
（ ）2. A. great B. please C. clean D. easy
（ ）3. A. careful B. aren’t C. parent D. chair
（ ）4. A. popular B. sugar C. part D. similar
（ ）5. A. food B. cook C. foot D. took
1. There is nothing ____________（worry）about .
2. Would you like ___________（eat）some bread ?
—No, thank you. I don’t feel like _______________（eat）anything .
3. While she lived here, her front gate was always locked and no one ever saw her _________（leave）or saw anybody _____________（go）in.
4. The football match is very exciting. Let’s stop__________（watch）it.
5. I can’t decide where __________（go）, what is your idea?
6. Jim ___________（do）his homework at that moment. So I had to turn off the radio.
7. After cleaning the windows, she went on __________（cook）the supper.
8. She is sitting in her room_____________（quiet）.
9. They enjoy _____________（them）very much in the park last Sunday.
10. He was too tired and fell___________（sleep）as soon as he went to bed.
11. Though it was twelve at midnight, he was still ___________（wake）.
12. She did __________（badly）of all in her class in the exam last week.
13. Someone __________（ring）you up when you were out.
14. Another way of ___________ “ phone ” is “ telephone ”（say）.
15. Could you ask me _____________（call）you , please ?
1. May I _________you to pass me the hook?
A. let B. keep C. make D. trouble
2. This pair of shoes __________ very nice.
A. look B. looks C. seem D. like
3 Let’s _______ lunch until they all come back.
A. have B. not have C. not to have D. don’t have
4. When you want to ask for help from others you say “__________” ?
A. Excuse me B. I’m glad to help you.
C. It’s very kind of you. D. I’m sorry to trouble you.
5. The little boy _________ and he wanted to have a rest.
A. felt very happy B. felt very tired
C. felt very worried D. felt very sleep
6. — Would you please ________ ?
— I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.
A. not drive so fast B. drive fast enough
C. not to drive so fast D. to play basketball instead
7. I heard a strange sound and it _______.
A. wakes me up B. woke up me C. woke me up D. was waking me up
8. Wu Dong runs faster than _________in this class.
A. the other B. another student
C. any other student D. other students
9. My friend doesn't like travelling by train. He________ on a train.
A. can’t go to bed B. can’t sleep well
C. can close his eyes D. can get to sleep
10. We was driving home__________.
A. last week B. tomorrow C. an hour D. at that time
11. The horse is _______ to catch up with that train.
A. enough fast B. fast enough C. too fast D. fastest
12. — I’m sorry that I’m late.
— It doesn’t matter this time. But _________on time next time.
A. try to come B. try not come C. don’t come D. don’t be
13. I think ________ somebody in the room .
A. there has B. there have C. there is D. there are
14. There are about___________ in the open air.
A. eight million people B. eight millions peoples
C. eight millions people D. eight million peoples
15. __________, they found the lost child.
A. To the end B. In the end
C. At the end D. By the end of
16. _______ is not easy to run so fast in such bad weather.
A. This B. That C. He D. It
17. When Jim saw the watch, he stopped_________.
A. picking up it B. to pick up it
C. picking it up D. to pick it up
18. He and his parents _________teachers in the same middle school.
A. all are B. are all
C. both are D. are both
19. In front of my house _________two tall trees.
A. was B. will be C. are D. is
20. My uncle doesn’t live_________ here?
A. away from B. far from
C. far away D. far
21. You didn’t do your homework, did you?
A. Yes, 1 didn't B. No, I did
C. Yes, I did D. No, I wasn't
22. He_______ lots of time _______unusual things with it.
A. spent ; to do B. took ; doing
C. spent ; doing D. spent ; to doing
23. _______the end, they worked out a software problem with the old machine.
A. At B. By C. On D. In
24. Bill sold it________ 4,200 dollars.
A. for B. on C. in D. to
25. Mr. Zhang is ________ engineer of a big computer company.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
26. — Who _______ the book?
— It _________ by Bill Gates.
A. writes, is written B. wrote, was written
C. wrote, written D. writes, writing
27. Few of them hurt themselves in the accident last night,________ ?
A. don’t they B. didn’t they
C. did they D. do they
28. — I don’t know if his uncle________.
— I think he_______ if it doesn’t rain.
A. will come, comes B. will come, will come
C. conies, comes D. comes, will come
29. — It’s too hot. Would you mind ________the door?
— _________. Please do it now.
A. to open, OK B. opening, Certainly not
C. opening, Of course D. to open, Good idea
30. — Excuse me, look at the sign NO PHOTOS!
— Sorry, I________ it.
A. don’t see B. didn’t see
C. haven’t seen D. won’t see
When I was walking down the street one day, I found a small bag on the ground. I picked it up and opened it to see if I could find out the owner's name. There was nothing inside it except some dollars and a picture of a woman and a young girl about twelve years old. I put the photo back and took the bag to the police station. Before I left, the policeman wrote down my name and address. He thought the owner might want to thank me.
That evening I went to have dinner with my aunt and uncle. They had also asked a young woman to have dinner with us. Her face was familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had seen her. During our talk, the young woman happened to say that she had lost her bag that afternoon. All at once I remembered where I had seen her. She was the young girl in the photo, though she was now much older. She was very surprised, of course, when I told her about the bag.
After dinner we went to the police station and got back her bag. The policeman said to me, “ It’s a wonderful thing. You found not only the bag, but also the owner of the bag .”
1. In the bag there was _____.
B. a new photo and some money
C. an old picture and some money
D. some dollars and a piece of paper
2. The writer opened the bag because he wanted to _____.
A. find some money B. find some letters
C. find whose bag it was D. find the owner's photo
3. He writer gave the bag to _____.
A. a policeman B. his uncle
C. his aunt D. his friend
4. How many people had the dinner that evening?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. D. Five.
5. he writer knew the young woman because _____.
A. he had met her somewhere
B. she was the old woman in the photo
C. she often had meals with the writer
D. she looked like the girl in the picture