Unit 8 How was your school trip?
1. To learn the new words, gift, shark, aquarium, seal, hang, hang out, souvenir, win, autograph, prize, outdoor, octopus
2. To master the simple past tense of regular and irregular verbs.
3. To learn how to talk about the past events by using “Were there…? Did you see…? Did you go…?”
4. To understand the two conversations and gain the information to foster the listening and speaking skills.
Teaching important points:
1. Affirmative and negative statements in the past tense, “Did you…? Were there…?” questions.
2. The ways of talking about the events in the past.
Teaching difficult points
1. To master the simple past tense of regular and irregular verbs.
2. To learn how to talk about the past events by using “Were there…? Did you see…? Did you go…?”
Step I Warming up
1. Enjoy a song, This Old Man.
Step II Pre-task
1. What did he/she do last weekend?
Have a competition among the divided groups. The students say a sentence about each picture, and try to induce the rules of the past tense of regular verbs.
2. What are in the aquarium?
“Last weekend, I went to an aquarium (the pictures). I saw many interesting animals there (pictures to learn the animals).”
“Also, I did others things there (pictures to teach gift, autograph etc.)”
Step III Task-cycle
★ Task 1 Test your memory
Show some pictures on the slide for about 30 seconds, ask them to watch carefully.
Test their memories by using, “Were there …?” or “Did you see…?”
★ Task 2 News Conference
Show some photos about the students’ last school trip for a while.
Ask a student or two to act as a spokesman and the others ask him or her questions.
The slide shows them some questions for help, “Did you go…?”
★ Task 3 Listening
Have the students listen to the tape and do the listening exercise on page 47 & 48. Encourage them to give the answers by having a competition among them.
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 Group 5 Group 6
★ Task 4 A Sweet Memory
Get the students to make a survey about what they did in their school trip and fill in the chart below
Name How Where What
When surveying, they can use the flowing sentence patterns,
-- How was your school trip?
-- Where did you go?
-- Did you see any…?
-- Were there any…?
-- What else did you do?
Step IV Post-task
1. Get some groups to send representative to make a report after they finish the survey.
2. Sum up what they learned in this class.
1. Recite the new words and phrases in Section A
2. Get ready for “Circle story” in page 49, and show the stories next class.
3. Write a short passage about your last trip.
Unit8 How was your school trip?
Were there…? /Was there…? Yes, there were/was. No, there weren’t/wasn’t.
Did you see…? Yes, I did./ No, I didn’t.
Did you go…? Yes, I did./ No, I didn’t.
初三英语《Unit 2 I used to be afraid of the dark》教案
- 初三英语《Unit 3 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes》教案
- 初三英语《Unit 4 What would you do》教案
- 初三英语《Unit 5 It must belong to Carla》教案
- 初三英语《Unit 6 I like music that I can dance to》教案