Unit 11 could you please clean your room?
本课是Unit11的第一课时。其主目标是能用 “Could you please do things?” “Could I please do things?”谈论如何委婉地提出请求或征求别人的许可, 及回答语“Sure / Certainly / I’m glad to .”能礼貌地拒绝,“Sorry, I / you can’t,. I / you have to do…”并表达自己的理由, 陈述自己的好恶。以do housework 和调查做力能所及的事为话题，学会运用“Could you please do things?” “Could I please do things?”是本课的语言目标。
一、 教学内容Section A 1a----1c
do the dishes, sweep the floor, take out the trash. fold your clothes, clean the living room, do chores, have to do sth, like to do (doing) sth, make dinner, make your bed
---Could you please clean your room?
---Could you please do the dishes?
--- Sorry, I can’t. I have to do my homework.
Could you/I please do things？ Yes, Sure. / 。I/You can.
Sorry, I / you can’t,.., I / you have to do…”
1. Warming up
2. learn some new words and phrases
Look! What is she / he doing? 看图学习动词词组do chores, do the dishes, make the bed, take out the trash, fold the clothes, do the laundry, clean the living room.
3. Guessing game.
According the phases that they have learned, the teacher asks some students to do some actions one by one. Then ask the others to answer these questions:
What is she doing? What is he doing?
4. Pair work. 1a, Do you do these things at home? Write “Y” for “yes” and “N” for “no”.
5. Listening . 1b , Peter’s chores or Mom’s chores?
理解目标语Could you please clean your room? Yes, sure.
Write “M” for Mom’s chores, “P” for Peter’s chores in the chart.
Look at the picture, Ask your partner to do the chores that you see.
Who is the most able at home?
1) What chores do you do at home? How often do you do the chores? Work in four, interview each of the students in the group, fill in the chart.
2) Then one student make a report to the class. “In my group…. Does the dishes every day,…We think … is the most able one in our group.”
Read the words and phrases you learn today.
make a dialogue between you and your parent about doing the chores.
本节课主要谈论家务，话题贴近生活，,,在热身阶段, 以灰姑娘的动画片段导入动词词组,猜图游戏使词汇得到巩固，为下面的活动做好铺垫。新词汇结合学生的生活实际, 掌握运用target language礼貌提出请求, 并使学生受到爱劳动的教育..是本课的重点.。
一、 教学内容Section A 2a-4
stay out late, work on the computer, get a ride,
use the car, go to a meeting, hate to do /dong sth
---Could I please go to the movies?
---Yes, you can.
---Could I please use the computer?
--- No, you can’t. You must do the dishes at first.
---Could I please use your computer?
---Sorry, you can’t..
---Could I please watch TV?
---Yes, you can. But you have to clean your room first..
I like doing dishes because it’s relaxing, but I hate to do…because it’s boring.
Game “Chain drill”.
运用上节课的target language “Could you please do…?”依次问答，其中的动词短语不能重复 ,复习动词短语。
2．Listening. 2a ,2b
Read the instructions. Learn the key vocabulary.
stay out late, use the car, get a ride, go to a meeting, clean your room,
1) Peter ask his father if he can do four things. Check “yes” or “no”
2) Listen again, Why does Peter’s father say “no”
Draw lines to the reasons in the chart.
3. Present target language
由听的活动2a 引入target language：
A: Could I please get a ride? B: Yes, you can.
A: Could I please get a ride? B: Sorry, you can’t, I have to go to a meeting.
4. Pair work 2c
According the sample conversation, ask and answer in pairs. Then ask and answer in pairs in class.
5. 3a Fill in the blanks with “make” and ”do”. Get the students to read the dialogue in pairs, then act out it.
6. 3b Chores that you like or dislike,
1) 呈现 like doing/to do, hate doing
2) Make a list of chores that you like and dislike.
A: Do you like doing dishes?
B: Yes, I like …because it’s relaxing,
No, I hate to do…because it’s boring.
7. Make a survey.
Discuss in groups of four. Draw a smiling face on the chore you like and draw a crying face on the chore you dislike. Then give a report.
通过做调查，巩固句型I like … because…以及I don’t like … because…