21. It’s interesting, but ________ difficult for me.
A.little B. a little C. a few D. few
22. Everyone ______ here last Monday.
A.were B.is C. are D. was
23. Did Julie study _______ exams?
A.to B. for C. have D. at
24. It was a _________ day yesterday.
A.rain B. raining C. rainy D. to rain
25. There are also many fast food restaurants in _________ parts of our city.
A.other B. others C. another D. the others
26. You needn’t _________ your English. I will help you.
A.worry B.worried C.worry about D.worried about
27. —_________ does you mother go to the supermarket?
A.Where B. When C. How D.What
28. It’s time ___________class.
A.for have B. have C. to have D. to having
29. He helped his mother clean the rooms and then ________ his homework yesterday afternoon.
A. do B.doing C. does D. did
30. —Is that ________ interesting book?
—Yes, but it is ___________ difficult.
A.an, a little B. a, a bit C.a, a little D. an, little
31. —When did you see the film?
A.Two hours ago. B.In an hour C.Two hours D. In two hours ago
32. How about _________ the supermarket?
A.to go to B.going C.to go D. going to
33. I’d like ________ TV, but my father enjoys _________ newspapers.
A.watching, reading B. seeing, see C.to see, see D. to watch, reading
34. His __________ says it’s 7:00 pm.
A.belt B. wallet C. watch D.ring
35. I think the TV show is interesting. Do you ________ me?
A. like B. agree C. agree to D. agree with
36. —I love Sports News. What about you?
A.I did, too B.I do, either C.I do, too D. I love to
37. —Welcome to Beijing!
A. Not at all B.That’s all right C.Goodbye D. Thank you
38. Nina’s home is ___________ from here, so she doesn’t have to take the bus.
A.five minutes’ walk B. twenty-kilometer
C.two hours by bus D.two hours
39. He is very tired. He doesn’t want to do ___________.
A.something B.nothing C.everything D.anything
40. I found it _______ to work out this math problem in one minute.
A.easy B.easily C.quickly D. hardly
How do you spend your vacation? Many Americans like to have their vacations in 41 countries. One day an American 42 came to China. This was her first time to China and she wanted to 43 some friends there. She met a Chinese boy, Wang Tong. Wang Tong was only ten years old, and he always wanted to practice 44 . So he came up and said “ 45 ” to her, and then he began his first talk with a person 46 an English-speaking country.
“How old are you?” Wang Tong 47 then.
“I’m 48 . Please don’t ask a lady about her 49 ,” she answered.
Wang Tong was surprised. He didn’t know 50 . Can you help him?
41. A. another B. else C. other D. any
42. A.man B. boy C.woman D. child
43. A.make B. being C. do D. having
44. A.speak English B. speak Chinese C.speaking English D. speaking Chinese
45. A.OK B.Hello C. Sorry D. Good-bye
46. A.to B. at C. on D. from
47. A.asked B. told C.read D. spoke
48. A.sure B.shy C. happy D.sorry
49. A.dinner B. age C. job D. family
50. A.when B. why C. what D. where
Mr Jackson is having a meeting. He looks at the clock on the wall. It is 7:45. “The last bus left fifteen minutes ago,” he thinks. “I’ll have to stay in a hotel tonight.”
Mr Jackson always drives home after work. He lives outside the city. There is something wrong with his car, so today he has to take a bus to his office.
The meeting is over. When he goes out of the warm office, it begins to snow. He wants to have some warm food and soup first. Most restaurants are full of people and he has to go into a small one. The waiter shows(出示) him the menu(菜单).
“Some hot soup, please,” says Mr Jackson.
Later, the waiter brings the soup to him. When Mr Jackson is drinking, he finds something in it. “Come here, boy,” he says. “Look, there is a hair in my soup!”
The waiter says, “it’s usually a fly(苍蝇) in the soup, I remember.”
51. Mr Jackson usually goes home ____________.
A. by bus B.by car C.by bike D. on foot
52. __________, so Mr Jackson has to stay in the office.
A. There is no bus B.There is a very important meeting
C.Something is wrong with his car D.It is very cold outside
53. The last bus leaves at ___________.
A.7:30 B.7:45 C.7:55 D.8:05
54. Mr Jackson wants to have some hot soup first because ___________.
A.the restaurant is very warm B. he is hungry
C.there are few people in the restaurant D.he feels cold after he leaves his office
55. The waiter’s words mean that __________.
A.the soup in the restaurant is nice B.the hair is Mr Jackson’s
C.there are usually flies in the soup D.he has to say sorry to Mr Jackson
Most children like watching TV. It’s very interesting. By watching TV, they can learn a lot and know many things about their country and the world. Of course, they can also learn over the radio(收音机). But they can learn better and more easily over the TV. Why? Because they can hear and see at the same time, while they can’t see anything over the radio.
Watching TV helps to open children’s eyes. Watching TV helps to open their minds(智力), too. They learn new and good ways of doing things. Many children watch TV only on Saturday and Sunday evenings. They are very busy with their lessons on weekdays. But a few children watch TV every night. They go to bed very late, so they can’t have a good rest. How about you, my young friend?
56. Children can study better over the TV because they ___________.
A. can hear something B. can see more things than on the radio
C.can hear and see at the same time D. can see the pictures on TV
57. Children can see nothing ____________.
A.over the radio B. in the TV C. on the TV D. when they watch TV
58. TV helps children __________.
A. open their eyes B. open their minds
C.make their lives busier D. both A and B
59. ___________ children watch TV only on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
A.A few B. A lot of C. A lot D. A little
60. According to the passage, a few children go to bed late every night because they _________.
A. do their homework B. watch too much TV
C.are busy with their lessons D. listen to the radio
Girl 1: Hi, Vera. How was your vacation?
Vera:It was great.
Girl 1:Where did you go?
Girl 1:Really? Wow! What did you do there?
Vera:Well, we went to a lot of museums.
Girl 1:Oh, how were they?