1. loudly A. door or gate
2. entrance B. more than
3. dishonest C. in a loud voice
4. over D. not honest
5. boring E. uninteresting
6. He is getting ________ to hear the ________ words.
A. boring; boring B. bored; boring C. bored; bored D. boring; bored
7. I think Maths is ________ of all my subjects.
A. much difficult one B. difficult one C. most difficult one D. the most difficult one
8. Li Ming spends a lot of time ________ some sports every day.
A. on doing B. do C. to do D. in doing
9. We will climb the hill if it ________ tomorrow.
A. doesn't rain B. won't rain C. not rains D. is not going to rain
10. It rained; ________ the football match was postponed (延期).
A. because B. or C. therefore D. but
11. Can I have something ________ (drink)?
12. How far ________ John ________(live) from his school?
13. What ________ he (do) next Sunday?
14. Many soldiers ________ (lose) their lives in that battle (战役).
15. I heard them ________(sing) the popular song in the next room.
16. a. Why not go there by bike?
b.________ ________ ________ there by bike?
17. a. Kate looks like her father.
b. Kate and her father ________ ________ ________.
18. a. I like playing volleyball best.
b. Volleyball is ________ ________ ________.
19. a. I don't think learning French is useful.
b. I think learning French ________ ________.
20. a. Get up quickly, and you can catch the early bus.
b. ________ you ________ ________ ________ quickly, you will miss the early bus.
Will you please ________ the bedroom ________me?
Lin Tao doesn't run ________ ________ ________ me.
Can you give me ________ ________ ________ how to learn English?
We always ________ ________ ________ ________ talking to each other.
American English is quite ________ ________ British English.
Is it p________(26) to send a letter to someone anywhere in the world without putting a s________(27) on it? It is easy to do so. Using c________(28) you can send e-mail quickly and easily. If you have an e-mail a________(29), you can write, send and receive messages.
E-mail is the most inexpensive way to communicate(沟通) with your f________(30). You can send m________(31) at any time of day or night to people all over the world without paying for a long-distance call. You can send the s________ (32) message to fifty people or more. It doesn't m (33) if your friends are in bed when you send e-mail to them, or you are seeing a f________(34) at the cinema when they send e-mail back. Many schools give e-mail addresses to their s________(35). E-mail addresses are becoming popular.
April Fools' Day is on April 1st. People can play jokes on others on this special day. If you succeed, you usually laugh and say "April Fool!" The person fooled by you laughs too, and he will not be angry with you.
Mother's Day is on the second Sunday of May. It's a day to thank mothers. On that day mothers usually get flowers and cards from their children. Fathers and children do the housework so that mothers can have a good rest.
Easter Day falls on the first Sunday after the full moon which is on or after March 21st. It's also called Easter Sunday. It is said that on that day Jesus Christ comes back to life. Many people go to church and children often get presents such as toy rabbits.
Thanksgiving Day is on the fourth Thursday in November. It's a day when people give thanks for the good things in life. Usually families get together and have a big dinner.
Christmas Day comes on December 25th. It's the most important festival in a year. The beautiful things are everywhere. People exchange presents, send Christmas cards and visit friends.
36. You can play jokes on others on April Fools'Day.
37. Mother's Day is on the second Saturday in May.
38. Easter Day is always on March 21st.
39. People usually have a big dinner with their families on Thanksgiving Day.
40. Fathers must do the housework on Mother's Day.
根据上面所提供的材料以My Best Friend为题写一篇80-100词的短文。