1. There is one child left a______in the room.
2. When the t______lights are red, you must stop and wait.
3. Look! It’s raining outside. You’d better put on your raincoat or take an u______ .
4. —It’s fine today.
—I think so. At l______it’s warm.
5. There were so many nice things here， so I couldn’t decide which one to c ______ as a birthday gift for my mom.
6. N______Li Lei nor Liu Mei is in the classroom now.
7. The old man q______likes collecting coins.
8. When did you r______from Australia?
9. Did you r______her letter the day before yesterday?
10. We must keep our classroom c______every day.
1. We all know that France is a______(Europe) country.
2. There are different food cultures between China and______(west) countries.
3. Several______(Russia) came to our school last week.
4. “Excuse me, can I take this seat?” he said to the young woman______
5. At______(one) I didn’t like him, but now I do.
6. I want to make______(friend) with you.
7. What are those______(child) doing over there?
8. Let’s listen to his______(suggest).
9. There are a lot of______(mouse) in the old house.
10. The young man fell______(sleep) as soon as he lay down.
take away, run out of, be interested in, in order to, more than, wait in line, at last, take care, put out, get annoyed
1. Mr Johnson______Beijing Opera very much.
2. You must______ when you go shopping.
3. When did the firemen______ the fire?
4. There are______ two hundred people present at the meeting.
5. We can’t buy that doll because we have______ money.
6. These shoes are dirty. Please______ them______.
7. I will______ when other people cut in line.
8.______ we finished the work on time.
9.______ not to break the glass on the table.
10.______ improve your English, you must study hard.
1. Jack is sleeping. You should turn______ the music.
A. on B. low C. down D. little
2. The book fell______ the table onto the floor.
A. on B. of C. off D. over
3. —I can’t find the book______ from the library now.
—So you should______ it.
A. lent, return B. borrowed, buy
C. lent, buy D. borrowed, pay for
4. If you______ well______ English, you’ll easily find a job.
A. will do, at B. do, in
C. will do, in D. do, at
5. I can’t______ his name. Can you______ me of it again?
A. remember, remind B. forget, remind
C. remind, remind D. know, remember
6. —What did the mother say?
—She said they______ take her children______ her.
A. can’t, from B. couldn’t, away
C. didn’t, away D. couldn’t, away from
7. We have______ running for two hours. When shall we stop, sir?
A. been practising B. practise
C. practised D. practising
8. —Would you mind______ the window? It’s too cold here.
—OK. I’ll do it right away.
A. to open B. opening C. closing D. to close
9. When I was walking past the window, I saw Ben______ my homework. I really got______.
A. copying, annoy B. copying, annoyed
C. was copying, annoy D. is copying, annoyed
10. I don’t think they are too personal,______?
A. don’t I B. are they C. aren’t they D. do I
11. It’s just three days______ her grandma died.
A. since B. until C. before D. for
12. Li Fang said she was______ in the______ stories.
A. interesting, interesting B. interested, interesting
C. interested, interested D. interesting, interested
13. He has looked for it______, but he can’t find it______. How sad he is!
A. everywhere, everywhere B. anywhere, anywhere
C. everywhere, anywhere D. somewhere, anywhere
14. Who’s______ my dinner?There’s nothing left and I’m so hungry.
A. eating B. eaten C. been eating D. eats
15. There will be______ water and______ trees in our village. How can we live here?
A. little, fewer B. less, less
C. more, fewer D. less, fewer
______do you_________ _________our school?
______are_________ _________1，500 students in our school.
Yesterday we________ _______ ________ _______.
Chinese______ always__________ ________ foreign guests.
If you_________ ________ _______me this afternoon, I will go with you tomorrow.
A. The story was very interesting, wasn’t it?
B. Yes, they are. If the people are friendly to them, the animals are also friendly to the people.
C. Did you watch TV last night?
D. I like watching it, too. The animals are very interesting, aren’t they?
E. Yes, I did.
F. I don’t think so. I’m afraid of fight thrillers. I like funny stories.
G. That’s true. I wish the animals and we will live in a harmonious world.
H. I don’t like funny stories. I like science. So I like to watch “Animal World”.
1. They talked on and on until eleven last night.(改为同义句)
They_________ __________ __________ _______until eleven last night.
2. Go across the bridge, and you’ll see the hotel.(改为同义句)
______the______, and you’ll see the hotel.
3. You gave me much help. Thank you.(将两句合并成一句)
Thank you_________ _________me.
4. He told me， “I got to school at seven today.”(改为间接引语)
He said______ got to school at seven______ day.
5. I have taught English in this school for one year.(改为同义句)
I______ to teach English in this school______ year.
It is well-known that the English go out with an umbrella or a raincoat. Why? 1 the weather in Britain often changes quickly. It is not very usual for the same kind of weather to 2 long.
Spring can be rainy or windy, 3 the weather is getting warmer, you can have more sunny days. In fact there 4 as much sunshine in spring as in summer. Summer is 5 time for visitors to go to the seaside and other places of interest(名胜). The weather can be sunny. People often go out to have a walk or swim. Autumn is a beautiful season, 6 trees and parks changing colors. During autumn it is still nice to be outside, too. In winter, it gets colder. It might snow, especially(尤其) on high land in the north. It is 7 very windy in this season.
January and February are the coldest 8 of the year, while the warmest 9 often July and August. The difference 10 temperature between winter and summer is not so great in Britain. The average(平均) temperature of winter is about 4.5℃, and summer is about 15.5℃.
1. A. For B. As C. Because D. Since
2. A. make B. stay C. change D. take
3. A. but B. and C. or D. for
4. A. can B. can be C. have D. can have
5. A. the earliest B. the latest C. the worst D. the best
6. A. with B. like C. without D. from
7. A. also B. too C. either D. as well
8. A. seasons B. weather C. months D. days
9. A. is B. are C. was D. were
10. A. for B. on C. by D. in
A good memory is a great help in learning a language. Everybody learns his own language by remembering what he hears when he is a small child, and some children——like boys and girls who live abroad with their parents——seem to learn two languages almost as easily as one. In school it is not easy to learn a second language because the pupils have so little time for it, and they are busy with other subjects, too.
Our mind is rather like a camera, but it takes photos not only of what we see but also of what we feel, hear, smell and taste. When we take a real photo with a camera, there is much to do before the photo is finished and ready to show to our friends. In the same way there is much work to do before we can keep a picture forever(永远) in our mind. Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.
1. We usually begin to learn our own language by______ it.
A. speaking B. hearing C. saying D. teaching
2. If you have a good______, you’ll have less difficulty in learning something.
A. teacher B. camera C. memory D. family
3. The children who live abroad with their parents can learn two languages more easily because______.
A. they are very clever
B. they have good teachers
C. they have more chances to use these languages
D. they have a better life
4.______ can take photos of what can be seen, felt, heard, smelt and tasted.
A. A camera B. Memory C. A diary D. A man’s mind
5. Memory is______ that we keep in our mind and carry about with us.
A. the best diary B. the best camera
C. a great help D. a beautiful picture
Peter lived in a small town near London. He always traveled to London for his holiday. But last year he thought, “I’ve never been to (1) countries. All my friends have been to Spain, Spain first.”
He flew to Spain and stayed in a hotel for a night. The next morning he went out for a walk. In England people drive on the left, but in Spain people drive on the right. Peter was surprised to see that, but in no time, he forgot where he was. When he was crossing the street, a bike knocked him down(2).
Peter lay on the ground for a few minutes, and when he came back to life(3), he asked， “Where am I?” An old man was selling maps at the side of the street, and he at once ran to Peter and said, “Map of city, sir?”
(1)______ to go from place to place
(2)______ a day or time of rest from work
(3)______ not ever; not at any time
(4)______ go to see sb or a place
3. 从短文中找出right away的同义词组:
In Spain people drive on the______, but in England people drive on the______.
(1) How did Peter go to Spain?
(2) How long did Peter lie on the ground?
(1) Peter was______.
A. an Englishman B. a Frenchman
C. a German D. an American
(2) Peter was knocked down by a bike because______.
A. he knew nothing about the traffic rules in Spain
B. he was too old to cross the road
C. he thought he was still in his own country
D. the man rode the bike too fast
(3) The old man ran to Peter quickly because______.
A. he wanted to help Peter
B. he thought Peter had died
C. he had knocked Peter down
D. he wanted to sell his map
假设你是John,你的网友George 在给你的e-mail中告诉你,他非常喜欢上网,而他父母认为中学生上网不是一件好事,不让他上网?他很气愤?请你根据以下提示,给他回一封e-mail, 劝慰他,并告诉他你对上网的看法?
提示词语:get annoyed with, worry about,
surf the Internet, learn from,
on a line, Would you mind not...? hope
Ⅰ. A) 1. alone2. traffic3. umbrella4. least5. choose
6. Neither7. quite8. return9. receive10. clean
B) 1. European2. western3. Russians4. politely5. first
6. friends7. children8. suggestion9. mice10. asleep
C) 1. is interested in2. wait in line3. put out4. more than
5. run out of6. take, away7. get annoyed8. At last
9. Take care10. In order to
Ⅱ. 1-5 CCDBA6-10 DACBB11-15 ABCBD
Ⅲ. 1. What, think, of2. There, at, least3. had, a, family, dinner
4. are, friendly, to5. come, along, with
Ⅴ. 1. did, not, stop, talking2. Cross, bridge3. for, helping
4. he, this5. began, last
Ⅵ. 1-5 CBBBD6-10 AACBD
Ⅶ. A) 1-5 BCCDA
B) 1. foreign
2. (1) travel (2) holiday (3) never (4) visit
3. (1) at once (2) in no time
4. (2) 当他穿过大街的时候,一辆自行车把他撞倒了?
5. right, left
6. (1) He went to Spain by plane / air.
(2) He lay on the ground for a few minutes.
7. (1) A (2) C (3) D
Ⅷ. One possible version:
You said you were unhappy. I’m very sorry to hear that. Don’t get annoyed with your parents. They are only worried about you.
I also like surfing the Internet. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I think that depends on us ourselves. If we can learn from each other and learn some knowledge on the line, it is a good thing. So, would you mind not playing games or surfing too much on a line?
I hope you are happy and study well.