1. Have you turned off your radio? 关掉收音机了吗？
疑点：turn off表示“切断、关上”之意，用于指切断电源、关上水管等。它的反义词是turn on。当关掉的东西是代词时，把代词放在中间。
如：His mother told him to turn off TV and do his homework. 母亲叫他关掉电视去做作业。
The tap is broken. If you want to save water，you must turn it off.
难点：与此相关的短语还有turn up“开大声”，turn down“关小点声”。用法同turn off/ on
如：It is too noisy. Please turn your radio down.
I can’t hear clearly. Would you please turn the tape up?
2. In the past twelve months they’ve had three major concerts and made a hit CD. 在过去的12个月里他们举行了3次大型演唱会，出了一盘火暴的CD。
疑点：for/ in the past/ last twelve months/ years/ days/ etc.常与现在完成时态连用。
如：(1) For the past few days he has been ill. 几天来他一直生病。
(2) She has been ill for the last three days. 这三个星期他在生病。
(3) In the past three years we have learned two thousand English words.
如：He has had(而不是bought)the book for three years. 他已经买这本书三年了。
You have kept(不用borrow) the book for two weeks. 你已经借这本书两个星期了。
3. This program started in 1980 and so far has brought thousands of overseas Chinese students to China to look for their families’roots. 这个项目是1980年开始的，到目前为止已经帮助了几千名海外中国学生来中国寻根。
疑点：so far意为“到目前为止”，相当于till now/up to now，可用于句首或句末，用作状语，表示范围、程度或距离，通常作为现在完成时的时间状语出现。
如：I have read many foreign stories so far.
难点：so far as 意为“就…而论”、“到…程度”，表示程度、距离等。
如：So far as I know，he has been to Beijing many times. 据我所知，他已去过北京许多次了。
4. I agree with you. 我同意你的看法。
疑点：agree with sb./ sb.’s idea/ sb.’s view同意某人，同意某人的观点、想法、主意。
如：My mother doesn’t agree with my father and me. 我妈妈不同意我和爸爸的想法。
如：Chocolate is good for your health. Do you agree？
Yes，I agree./ No，I don’t agree.
(2) agree to do sth同意去做某事。
如：I agree to ask someone for help. 我同意向别人求助。
(3) agree to sth赞成某个建议、安排等。
如：He agreed to your suggestion. 他赞成你的建议。
(4) agree on sth. 在……方面达成一致。
如：We agree on a price for the car. 我们就车价达成一致意见。
(5) agree that+从句。
如：Tom’s mother agree that he went on with his study.
5.You have probably never heard of Amy Winterbourne. 你大概从未听说过Amy Winterbourne.
疑点：hear of /about听说，接名词、代词或动名词。
如：I have never heard of the story before.
如：I heard that his father died yesterday.
2) hear from=get/ receive a letter from意为“收到…的信”，“得到…的消息”from后面加表示人的名词或代词
如：How often do you hear from your father? 你每隔多久收到你父亲的来信？
6. The walls are made from old glass bottles that are glued together. 墙是由胶合在一起的旧玻璃瓶做成的。
疑点：be made from 意思是“由… 制成”，但制成品不能看出原材料。
如：Paper is made from wood. 纸是由木头制成的。
(1) be made of意为“由…原材料制成”，主语为制成品，而且能看出原材料，of后面接表示原材料的名词。如：This jacket is made of cotton. 这件上衣是棉花做的。
(2) be made in表示某一产品在某地生产或制造，in后面跟表示地点的名词。
如：Trains are made in Zhuzhou. 火车是株洲制造的。
(3) be made by意为“由(谁)制造的”，by后面接动作的执行者。
如：The desk was made by his brother. 这张桌子是他弟弟做的。