(1) Shanghai is the city where I was born.
(2) The house where I lived ten y ears ago has been pulled down.
(1) I still remember the day when I first came to the school.
(2) The time when we got together finally came.
By the time you arrived in London, we had stayed there for two weeks.
I still remember the first time I met her. 我仍然记得我第一次见到她。
Each time he goes to business trip, he brings a lot of living necessities, such as towels, soap, toothbrush etc。
3. why指原因 在定语从句中做原因状语
(1) Please tell me the reason why you missed the plane.
(2) I don't know the reason why he looks unhappy today.
(1) The reason why/ for which he refused the invitation is not clear,
(2) From the year when/in which he was going to school he began to know what he wanted when he grew up.
3) 某些在从句中充当时间，地点或原因状语的"介词+关系词"结构可以同关系副词when ,where和why 互换。
This is the house in which I lived two years ago.
This is the house where I lived two years ago.
Do you remember the day on which you joined our club?
Do you remember the day when you joined our club?
This is the reason why he came late.
This is the reason for which he came late.