I. Choose the different sound in each group(辨音)： 5%
( )1. A. swan B. swam C. palace D. travel
( )2. A. brick B. history C. interest D. invite
( )3. A. expensive B. exercise C. every D. elephant
( )4. A. agent B. ancient C. raise D. another
( )5. A. beach B. brochure C. cheap D. teacher
II. Fill in the blanks with the proper words(单词的适当形式填空): 10%
1. I like to live on __________ (twelve) floor.
2. I’m very __________ (exciting). Let’s take a photograph now.
3. This is an________ trip. (interest)
4. More and more __________ (family) move into new flats.
5. __________ (tour) can see a lot of temples at the Summer Palace.
6. Thank you for your letter and your __________ (invite).
7. Soldiers raise the Chinese __________ (nation) flag every day.
8. Tom will __________ (possible) be a doctor in the future.
9. My friend is going to move into a new________ (build).
10. The train is ________ (slow) than the plane.
III. Choose the best answer(选择): 15%
( )1. Miss Li teaches ____ Chinese.
A. we B. us C. our D. ours
( )2. A: How long does it take from Garden City to Tokyo by plane?
A. two and half hours B. a half and two hours
C. two hour and a half D. two and a half hours
( )3. Let’s go there _______.
A. by a train B. by the train C. with train D. by train
( )4. Tom is going to get some brochures ______ the travel agent.
A. to B. for C. from D. with
( )5. This is a photo of ______. I’m standing on the Great Wall.
A. I B. me C. my D. mine
( )6. Would you like ______ us in Shanghai?
A. visit B. visiting C. to visit D. for visit
( )7. Ben and Kitty saw street cleaners ________ the street after the typhoon passed.
A. cleaning B. cleaned C. to clean D. to cleaning
( )8. Simon and Lucy want to ______ Ben and Kitty ______ here.
A. bring…to B. take…to C. bring…/ D. take…/
( )9. We visited his uncle ______ a cold winter morning.
A. on B. in C. of D. with
( )10. A: ______ does this book cost?
B: Two thousand yuan.
A. How much B. How many C. How D. How far
( )11. We are going to come back _______ the end of August.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
( )12. A: Have you had lunch?
B: Not __________.
A. never B. ever C. yet D. already
( ) 13. A. Can I help you?
A. Yes, you can. B. Yes, I’d like to borrow a book
C. Yes, I’d like to. D. No.
( )14. A: They have got __________ information.
A. many B. a few C. a lot D. a lot of
( )15. A: Tom is going to __________Shanghai at 7 tomorrow.
A. arrive in B. get C. get in D. come
IV. Choose a word or an expression in the box that is closest in meaning to the underlined part of each sentence (选择与划线部分意思最接近的单词或词组)： 5%
( )1. Would you like to have a picnic?
( )2. They have returned here from Beijing.
( )3. We enjoyed ourselves there yesterday.
( )4. Does he like to visit it tomorrow better?
( )5. You must look after your parents.
V. Complete the sentences with the verbs in their proper forms(用所给动词的适当形式填空)：5%
1. It takes Jenny two hours ______ (travel) from Shanghai to Beijing by air.
2. Listen, Mary ______ in the classroom. (sing)
3. I ____________ (already read) this story twice.
4. Peter usually ______ TV on Saturday. (watch)
5. They __________ (build) another bridge over the river last year.
VI. Rewrite the sentences(按要求改写句子)： 10%
1. We have already visited the Great Wall. (改一般疑问句)
__________ you __________ the Great Wall yet?
2. We are going to stay there for two weeks. (划线提问)
__________ __________ are you going to stay there?
3. It can hold more than one million people. (划线提问)
__________ __________ people can it hold?
4. They will visit the Palace Museum tomorrow. (划线提问)
__________ __________ will they visit tomorrow?
5. The story is interesting. (感叹句)
__________ __________ interesting story it is!
VII. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语 完成短文):5%
My parent took me to Japan when I was young. I lived there for five years. __1___ I came back, my Japanese was very good. “Can I do something useful with my Japanese?” I asked myself.
Then, one day last spring. I got a good chance.
Everyone was afraid of SARS during that time, so I stayed at home with ___2__ to do.
My father brought ma a Japanese book. “Why don’t you translate it into Chinese? It will be better than __3___ computer games all day.”
I promised to do 2000 words each day. But __4___ I found it was hard to keep the promise.
But each time when I wanted to ___5__ the computer, I remember what my parents told me, “Whatever you do, don’t stop halfway.” So I went on with it.
( )1. A. Because B. Until C. Since D. When
( )2. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
( )3. A. be played B. playing C. played D. plays
( )4. A. just then B. right now C. soon D. suddenly
( )5. A. turn on B. turn off C. open D. close
VIII. Read the passage and fill in the blanks (在短文空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空限填一词，首字母已给):5%
I have a friend. When I am in trouble, it can help me. When I do my homework, it a_________ stays nearby. When I do not know how to read or w________ the words, I can ask it for help. When I do not know what the w__________ means, I can ask it for help, too. It is a wise man. But it can not t________. All the students should have one at home because it is a very u___________ tool (工具) for us. Do you know what it is? Yes, it is our silent teacher-dictionary.