I. Choose the different words.(辨音) (5%)
( ) 1. A. words B. beds C. sweets D. blinds
( ) 2. A. Saturday B. Australia C. Canada D. Japan
( ) 3. A. choose B. foot C. bedroom D. soon
( ) 4. A. puppy B. young C. put D. underground
( ) 5. A. teach B. brochure C. watch D. chair
II.Choose the best answer. (选择题)(15%)
( ) 1. The new flat is ________ than the old one.
A. big B. much bigger C. very bigger D. much big
( ) 2. Tim’s flat is closer to the underground than ________.
A. mine B. me C. my D. I
( ) 3. There is ________ milk in the fridge, so we don’t need to go to the supermarket.
A. many B. lot of C. much D. a few
( ) 4. Please put the rug ________ the sofa and the TV on the floor.
A. among B. between C. in D. on
( ) 5. My parents are looking ________ a new flat ________ my grandparents.
A. for; for B. for; to C. at; for D. to; for
( ) 6. Who comes to school ________ in your class?
A. early B. earliest C. earlier D. more early
( ) 7. There is ________ estate agency near my flat. Many people work in ________ estate
A. a; the B. an; the C. an; an D. the; an
( ) 8. Let’s talk to father about it ____ he comes home.
A. because B. when C. so D. but
( ) 9. I want to have a flat a big balcony.
A. on B. in C. at D. with
( ) 10. Peter’s room is very ________. His mother is not pleased with him.
A. untidy B. tidy C. clean D. untidily
( ) 11. -- ________ would you like to live?
-- In the countryside.
A. What B. How C. Where D. Which
( ) 12. This skirt is ________ short ________ me now. I can’t wear it any more.
A. very; for B. too; to C. very; too D. too; for
( ) 13. Mr. Guo saw Tom ________ basketball on the playground yesterday.
A. plays B. to play C. playing D. played
( ) 14. Our new flat is ____ square metres
A. one hundred and fifty B. one hundred fifty
C. one hundreds and fifty D. one hundred and fifties
( ) 15. -- ________ you ________ to your cousin’s new flat?
-- Not yet.
A. Did, go B. Have, gone C. Have, been D. Have, visited
III. Fill in the blanks with the words in their proper forms.(词的适当形式填空)(6%)
1. City life is very ___________ (difference) from the country life.
2. Ben needs more _________ (shelf) in his bedroom.
3. Our flat is too small. We need a _____________ (big) one.
4. Nowadays many family own two ____________ (balcony).
5. Mark is a good__________ (help) of Mr. Wang.
6. Henry is a ____________ (move) man and he works for a company.
IV. Fill in the blanks with the verbs in their proper forms.(动词的适当形式填空)(5%)
1. They __________ (be) on the farm a moment ago.
2. Everyone of us __________ (enjoy) watching football games.
3. Tom __________ (finish) his work next week.
4. The Lis __________ (move) to their new flat in Water Bay for two months.
5. I’d like __________ (live) near an underground station.
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required. (按要求改写句子) (12%)
1. Mrs. Li put the sofa near a big window yesterday. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ Mrs. Li put the sofa?
2. I’d like a flat with three big bedroom and two living rooms. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ of flat would you like?
3. The bedroom is very tidy. (改感叹句)
________ ________ tidy bedroom ________ ________!
4. You must eat something now. (改为否定句)
You ________ eat ________ now.
5. We have already visited the Great Wall. (改为一般疑问句)
________ you visited the Great Wall ________?
6. Susan is a secretary. (对划线部分提问)
________ does Susan ________?
VI. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词或词语，完成短文) (6%)
More than three hundred years ago, about half of the USA's land was covered by forest. But now the forests are almost 1 They can't stop good land from being sold. Today too many trees are being cut 2 in the USA. China doesn't want to follow the USA's 3 So China has built a new Great Wall of trees. It will stop the 4 from blowing earth away and stop the sand from moving towards the rich farmland. It has 5 saved a lot of land. We must plant 6 trees every year. The more, the better.
( ) 1. A. went B. changed C. gone D. covered
( ) 2. A. off B. down C. away D. for
( ) 3. A. forests B. land C. people D. example
( ) 4. A. wind B. sand C. rain D. cloud
( ) 5. A. still B. always C. already D. almost
( ) 6. A. fever B. much C. many D. more
We are in the park now. It is a big and b_________ (1) park. There are many people in it. There is a lake in the park. We can boat on it, but we can’t swim in it. It is dangerous.
Look at that family under the tree. The boy is sitting on the left of his father. They bring their p_________ (2) to the park. It is a white cat. The boy has a k__________ (3) in his hand. He wants to fly it. But I think it’s not a good p_________ (4) here because there are too many trees. There is a s__________ (5) in the tree. It says, “Don’t climb the tree!” But the cat is in the tree now.
VIII. Look at the picture, complete the sentences with the proper prepositions: (根据图片，填入适当的介词) (6%)
1. Put the bed ____________ the window.
2. Put the desk ____________ the bed and put the radio ____________ the desk.
3. Put the sofa ____________ the bed.
4. Put the rug on the floor ____________ the bed and the sofa.
5. Put the small table ____________ the sofa.