1. Mr Johnson _________ a child at the start of the 1950s.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
2. -How about the young lady?
-It’s hard to say, but her voice _________ beautiful.
A. sounds B. hears C. listens D. smells
3. The temperature was below zero. It was difficult to _________ the car.
A. move B. got C. begin D. start
4. John Lennon and Paul _________ the main songwriters of the Beatles in 1960s.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
5. -What do you usually do on Sundays?
-We _________ at the guitar group.
A. enjoy B. have good times C. enjoy ourselves D. like ourselves
6. -May I help you with some jeans, sir?
-Yes, I’d like to try on the blue _________.
A. pair B. one C. two D. ones
7. More and more people in Beijing can talk and write _________ English.
A. for B. with C. in D. to
8. George’s records _________ very successful after the Beatles.
A. was B. were C. are D. is
9. It’s getting dark, _________ they’re still working.
A. and B. but C. so D. or
10. In 1960s, the Beatles were Mr Green’s favorite singers, but now he _________ like them.
A. don’t B. doesn’t C. didn’t D. /
It’s a 1 Sunday morning. Mr and Mrs Green are going to the People’s Park with 2 daughter, Ann. At 8 o’clock they go to the park 3 bus. On the bus there are a lot of people, men, women and 4 . Some are Americans. Some are 5 . Others are Japanese. They are going to 6 , too.
There are 7 Chinese on the bus. One is a woman. She’s driving the bus. The other is a teacher in a middle school. He 8 English very well. He’s now talking about the park. The people are 9 him. They want to get there quickly. They hope to 10 there today!
1. A. good B. fine C. well D. bad
2. A. his B. her C. their D. theirs
3. A. by B. in C. on D. after
4. A. boys B. girls C. babies D. children
5. A. American B. Chinese C. Japanese D. Englishman
6. A. Tian’anmen Square B. the Summer Palace
C. the People’s Park D. the Great Wall
7. A. one B. two C. three D. many
8. A. says B. speaks C. talks D. reads
9. A. listening to B. seeing C. hearing D. looking for
10. A. be friends B. see a good film
C. have a good time D. buy something
One morning Mr and Mrs Brown get up very early. After they have breakfast, they go shopping at seven thirty. They get to the shop at seven fifty. In the shop they see a lot of clothes. Mrs Brown likes them. So she buys a shirt for her son, a skirt for her daughter, and a sweater for Mr Brown. She buys a blouse for herself, too.
The shopping bag is full now. Mr Brown looks at his watch. Then he says, “Oh, it’s twelve o’clock. I think we must go home now. It’s quite late.”So they go out of the shop and begin to go home, but they lose their way.
Mr Brown drives along the street. He can’t find the way. Then he drives over to an old man and asks, “Excuse me. Where am I?”
The old man looks at him and their car. “You’re in your car, sir.”he says.
1. Mr and Mrs Brown go shopping _________.
A. by bus B. by bike C. on foot D. by car
2. They buy some _________ in the shop.
A. food B. drink C. clothes D. cars
3. They are in the shop for about _________.
A. ten minutes B. four hours and a half
C. four hours and ten minutes D. five hours
4. In the story“lose their way”means _________.
A. 迷路 B. 问路 C. 没有办法 D. 按原路
5. Does the old man help them?
A. Yes, he does. B. No, he doesn’t.
C. I think so. D. We don’t know.
Jim, Kate and Mingming are doing their homework together. Jim’s spelling of “Monday”is wrong. Kate tells him about it. Mingming doesn’t have an eraser. She wants to borrow one from Jim or Kate. Jim gives it to Mingming. The three children are students in Class 3, Grade 1 of No. 11 Middle School in Beijing. Jim is from the UK. Kate is from the USA. Mingming is a Chinese girl. The three students are good friends. They often do homework together and play together. They often help each other.
6. Jim is _________.
A. an English girl B. an American girl
C. an English boy D. an American boy
7. Kate helps Jim with _________.
A. his spelling B. an eraser
C. a ruler D. a coloured pencil
8. Mingming borrows _________.
A. an eraser from Kate B. an eraser from Jim
C. a ruler from Kate D. a ruler from Jim
9. The three students are _________.
A. not in the same grade B. in the same class
C. in the UK D. at the shop
10. The three students are _________.
A. doing some reading B. playing games
C. doing their homework D. cleaning the room
1. The Beatles were A_________.
2. Jim Morrison was a singer and a s_________.
3. Jerry Gareia was the l_________ of the band The Grateful Dead.
4. It was the first Chinese s_________ with a pilot living and working in it.
5. There was an a_________ movie with Jackie Chen.
6. He was the _________(吉他手)of the famous band.
7. After the Beatles, John Lennon was _________(成功的)as a solo artist.
8. Many of his songs were about _________(和平).
9. There were many sections of the _________(展览).
10. How was the trip to _________(博物馆)?
1. There were many students outside.(改为否定句)
There _________ _________ students outside.
2. The weather was fine.(对画线部分提问)
_________ _________ the weather?
3. There are many tall buildings in this city.(用in the past改写句子)
There _________ many tall buildings in this city in the past.
4. This passage comes from a magazine.(对画线部分提问)
_________ _________ this passage _________ from?
5. how old, in 2000, was, your grandfather(连词成句)
I. 1-5 CADDC 6-10 DCBBB
II. 1-5 BCADB 6-10 CBBAC
III. 1-5 DCCAB 6-10 CABBC
IV. 1. Americans 2. songwriter 3. leader 4. spacecraft
5. action 6. guitarist 7. successful 8. peace
9. exhibition 10. museum
V. 1. weren’t, many 2. How, was 3. were
4. Where, does, come
5. How old was your grandfather in 2000?