1. the + est + 名词 + (that) + 主语 + have ever + seen (known / heard / had / read, etc)
Helen is the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen.
Mr. Zhang is the kindest teacher that I have ever had.
Yao Ming is the tallest basketball player that I have ever seen.
Liu Xiang is the most hardworking sportsman that I have ever seen.
2. Nothing is + er than to + V
Nothing is more important than to receive education.
Nothing is more important than to potect our environment.
Nothing is more important than to gain knowledge.
3. cannot emphasize the importance of … too much(再怎么强调...的重要性也不为过)
We cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much.
We can not emphasize the importance of education.
4. There is no denying that + S + V ...(不可否认的…)
There is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from bad to worse.
There is no denying that Lin Chi-ling is the most charming actress I have ever seen.
5. It is universally acknowledged that + 句子 (全世界都知道…)
It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to us.
6. There is no doubt that + 句子 (毫无疑问的…)
There is no doubt that our educational system leaves something to be desired.
7. An advantage of is that + 句子(…的优点是…)
An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won't create(produce) any pollution.
An advantage of taking exercises is that it can make us keep healthy.
8. The reason why + 句子is that + 句子(…的原因是…)
The reason why we have to grow trees is that they can provide us with fresh air.
9. So + 形容词 + be + 主词 + that + 句子(如此…以致于…)
So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it.
So beautiful is Xi Shi that we all like her.
10. Adj + as + Subject(主词)+ be, S + V (虽然……)
Rich as our country is, the qualities of our living are by no means satisfactory.(by no means = in no way = on no account 一点也不)
11. The + -er + S + V, the + -er + S + V(愈…愈…)
The harder you work, the more progress you make.
The more books we read, the more learned we become.
12. By +Ving, can (借着…，…能够…)
By taking exercise, we can always stay healthy.
By reading, we can broaden our horizon.
13. enable + Object(受词)+ to + V (…使…能够…)
Listening to music enable us to feel relaxed.
Travelling enable our life to be enriched.
Watching movies enable our horizon to be broadened.
14. On no account can we + V(我们绝对不能…)
On no account can we ignore the value of knowledge.
On no account can we ignore the importance of education.
15. It is time + S + 过去式 (该是…的时候了)
It is time the authorities concerned took proper steps to solve the traffic problems.
16. Those who … (…的人…)
Those who break the law should be punished.
17. There is no one but … (没有人不…)
There is no one but longs to go to college.
There is no one but longs to be a millionaire.
18. be + forced / compelled / obliged + to + V (不得不…)
Since the examination is around the corner, I am compelled to give up doing sports.
19. It is conceivable that + 句子 (可想而知的)
It is obvious that + 句子 (明显的)
It is apparent that + 句子 (显然的)
It is conceivable that knowledge plays an important role in our life.
20. That is the reason why … (那就是…的原因)
Summer is hot.That is the reason why I don't like it.
Winter is cold. That is the reason why I don't like it.
21. For the past + 时间，S + 现在完成式...(过去…年来，…一直…)
For the past two years, I have been busy preparing for the examination.
22. Since + S + 过去式，S + 现在完成式
Since he went to senior high school, he has worked very hard.
23. It pays to + V (…是值得的)
It pays to help others.
24. be based on (以…为基础)
The progress of the society is based on harmony.
25. Spare no effort to + V (不遗余力的)
We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
26. bring home to + 人 + 事 (让…明白…事)
We should bring home to people the value of working hard.
27. be closely related to (与…息息相关)
Taking exercise is closely related to health.
28. Get into the habit of + Ving= make it a rule to + V (养成…的习惯)
We should get into the habit of previewing and reviewing.
29. Due to/Owing to / Thanks to + N / Ving (因为……)
Thanks to his encouragement, I finally realized my dream.
Thanks to Miss Qin's help, I passed the examination.
30. What a + Adj + N + S + V!= How + Adj + a + N + V! (多么…!)
What an important thing it is to keep our promise!
How important a thing is to keep our promise!
What an important thing it is to be honest!
How important a thing is to be honest!
31. Have a great influence on … (对…有很大的影响)
Smoking has a great influence on our health.
32. do good to (对...有益)，do harm to (对…有害)
Reading does good to our mind.
Overwork does harm to health.
33. Pose a great threat to (对…造成一大威胁)
Pollution poses a great threat to our existence.
Noise poses a great threat to our living.
34. do one's best (尽全力去……)
We should do our best to achieve our goal in life.
We should do our best to help others.
35. Among various kinds of …，…= Of all the …， … (在各种…之中?…)
Among various kinds of sports, I like jogging in particular.
36. In my opinion， … = To my mind， … = As far as I am concerned， … = I am of the opinion that (就我的看法…;我认为…)
In my opinion, playing copmuter games not only takes much time but also is harmful to health.
37. Of all the people I know， perhaps non deserves my respect more than … (在我认识的人当中也许没有一个人比…更值得我尊敬)
Of all the people I know， perhaps non deserves my respect more than Miss Wang, my English teacher.
38. 据说… It is said (that)
一般认为… It is thought (that)
大家都知道… It is known (that)
据报导… It is reported (that)
一般预料… It is expected (that)
据估计… It is estimated (that)
一般相信… It is believed (that)
It's known that Hangzhou is a beautiful city.