1. The government has done a lot to _______ (减少) the water pollution in Wuxi.
2. Stop to have a rest. Overwork will do _______ (伤害) to your health.
3. Can you tell me the time of their _______ (到达) ?
4. On Christmas Day, all of us _______ (简直) can’t wait to open the presents.
5. There are fewer _______ (工厂) in the city center than there used to be.
6. The book shows the _______ (develop) of those small villages in mountain areas.
7. The way is so long and the trip seems to be _______ (end ).
8. Are these colourful bags those _______ (lady)？
9. －It’s so cold today!
－So it is. I’m afraid the temperature will be much _______ (low) tomorrow.
10. －Does the singer sing _______ (nice)? －Yes，no one sings better.
1. We ________ a lot ________ people in Sichuan after the 2008 earthquake.
A. provide; for B. provide; with C. provided; with D. provided; for
2. My cousin _______ America. She will come back next month.
A. has gone to B. was going C. has been to D. has been in
3. I hope my father_______ ask me only about my marks any more.
A. not B. not to C. won’t D. don’t
4. Nancy Green lives _______, but she never feels _______.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; lonely D. alone; alone
5.－Is your father a teacher?
－Well, he _______. Now he is a driver.
A. used to B. was used to C. used to be D. is used to be
6. More than 20 people _______ in traffic accidents _______ last May.
A. are dead; for B. have been dead; since
C. have died; since D. have been dead; for
7. His father only looked _______ at him and said nothing.
A. angry B. happy C. sadly D. friendly
8. Do you know how long the Wuxi airport has been _______?
A. on service B. in service C. to service D. for services
9. Don’t get too_______ after hearing the_______ news.
A. excited; exciting B. excited; excited
C. exciting; exciting D. exciting; excited
10. －I’m going to have a trip to the 2010 Shanghai World Expo.
A. Goodbye B. Help yourself
C. I’m sorry to hear that D. Enjoy yourself
11. Look, _______ the roller coaster _______!
A. How high speed, is moving B. What high speed, is moving
C. How high speed, is moving at D. What high speed, is moving at
12. _______ people came to the meeting and _______ the people was over 2000.
A. A number of; the number of B. The number of; a number of
C. A number of; a number of D. The number of; the number of
1. Someone _______ (ring) the doorbell. Can you hear it?
2. By the way, how long does it take _______ (drive) to your school?
3. They may have a picnic if it_______ (not rain) tomorrow.
4. A young boy _______ (fall) from that tree and hurt his leg 3 days ago.
5. The Greens _______ (live) here since they moved to our city in 1985.
6. When I got home last night, Mum _______ (watch) TV.
7. We _______ (hold) a party at my home next week. Would you like to join us?
8. I feel sick today, I am not interested in _______ (eat) anything.
Today I’d like to tell you something about chocolates. Most of us 1 chocolates, but do you know 2 states of the chocolates there are and 3 they are made of ?
Chocolate has three states. People ___4___the first state of chocolate from the seeds(种子) 5 cacao trees. The second is a kind of 6 . It is made by mixing the first state of chocolate with hot water or milk. And the third is a kind of 7 thing. It is made of the first state of chocolate, sugar and some 8 delicious things. In China, a lot of people like to eat chocolates as sweets. But some doctors say people 9 not have too many chocolates because they have 10 fat and sugar.
1. A. have drunk B. have had C. sold D. made
2. A. how much B. how often C. how many D. whether
3. A. which B. when C. how D. what
4. A. build B. make C. buy D. plant
5. A. of B. from C. by D. into
6. A. water B. wood C. meal D. drink
7. A. sweet B. salt C. rice D. corn
8. A. others B. another C. other D. good
9. A. may B. should C. must D. will
10 A. too much B. many too C. too many D. much too
The best way of learning a language is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you'll get your words mixed up and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can't understand them. But if you keep your sense of humour, you can always have a good laugh when you make mistakes(错误). Don't be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes. It's better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, because they don't understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is: "Don't be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes."
1. The writer thinks that the most important thing for you to learn a language is_______.
A. reading B. practising C. talking about it D. listening
2. If people laugh at the mistakes you make, you should _________.
A. be angry with them B. be angry with yourself
C. believe you are right D. not care
3. The story tells us:" _______."
A. It is normal (正常的) that we make some mistakes in learning English
B. Everyone must make mistakes
C. We should try not to make mistakes in learning a language
D. Laughing can help one learn English well
Captain Good Fellow
Do your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Good Fellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all ages at the City Theatre on Saturday morning at 10:00, Free.
Walking Tour of the Town
Forget your worries on Saturday morning. Take a beautiful walk and learn about local history. Meet at the front entrance of City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes!
Films at the Museum
Two European films will be shown on Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. See Broken Window at 1:30. The workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 4987898.
Do You Want to Hear “The Zoo”
“The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first US concert tomorrow night at 8:00 at Rose Hall, City College.
Are you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 pm.
4. You can eat Chinese, Japanese, and Italian food_______.
A. at the front entrance of City Hall B. at the Ballgame
C. at Central Park on Saturday D. at 5:00 pm
5. You can see movies at _______.
A. the City College B. the Museum Theatre
C. the City Theatre D. the Central Park
6. If you are going on the Walking Tour, don’t forget_______.
A. your comfortable shoes B. your beautiful walk
C. your learning about local history D. your worries
Mr. Lang worked in a factory. As a driver, he was busy but he made a lot of money. His wife was an able woman and did all the housework. So Mr. Lang had enough time when he had a holiday. A few friends of his liked gambling(赌博) and he learned it soon. So he was interested in it and did nothing except gambling. He lost all his money and later he began to sell the television, watches and so on. His wife told him not to do it but he didn’t listen to her. She had to tell the police and the police put him into the lockup(拘留所). After he came out of lockup, he hated her very much and the woman had to leave him.
It was New Year’s Day. Mr. Lang didn’t go to work. So he called his friends to gamble again. But they were afraid the police would come. He told his five-year-old son to go to find out if there were the policemen outside. They waited for a long time and didn’t think the police would come and began to gamble. Suddenly the door opened and in came a few policemen.
“I saw there weren’t any policemen outside, daddy,” said the boy, “So I went to the crossing and asked some to come.”
7. Mr. Lang made a lot of money because _______.
A. he was a driver B. he worked in a factory
C. he had a lot of work to do D. he had worked there for a long time
8. _______, so the police put him into the lockup.
A. Mr. Lang often gambled
B. Mr. Lang was late for work
C. Mr. Lang didn’t help his wife at home
D. Mr. Lang wasn’t polite to the police
9. The woman had to leave Mr. Lang because _______.
A. she didn’t want to work in the factory any more
B. he had no money any more
C. the police put him into the lockup before
D. he didn’t love her any longer
10. Which of the following is right?
A. The boy wished his father to be put into lockup again.
B. The boy thought his father needed some policemen.
C. The boy hoped his father would stop gambling soon.
D. The boy wished his mother to come back.
Air is very important to everything that lives. But the air is g 1 dirtier and dirtier. People all over the world are looking for w 2 to make it clean again.
Have you e 3 watched the smoke from chimneys（烟囱）rising high in the air? Have you s 4 the smoke from cars and trucks on the roads or the smoke from the planes? The smoke isn’t g 5 for our health. If we want to keep well and strong, we
n 6 clean air.
W 7 more and more factories everywhere and more and more cars, trucks and planes, it is becoming harder and harder to do with the air p 8 .
Scientists have a 9 found ways to stop or slow down some of the things that make the air dirty. They will not stop working u 10 we have clean air again.
七、完成句子 按所给的汉语，用英语完成下列句子。（本大题共10分，1---4题每个空格0.5分, 5---6题每句1.5分）
I was so happy that I （1） （2） （3） my hands.
Wuxi （4） already （5） （6） a modern city.
He always （7） （8） （9） （10） protect the wildlife.
We shouldn’t change the wetlands to （11） （12） （13）
（14） farms and buildings.
They got up late and _________________________________.
－Has your father left Wuxi for Shanghai?
－Yes. He _________________________________.
请以“My trip to Li Yuan Garden”为题写篇文章。内容要点如下：
1. 蠡园是无锡一个美丽、干净的公园, 有开阔的空间和新鲜的空气；
2. 上周五我和同学们一起乘汽车去了蠡园, 我们在那里呆了1整天；
3. 我们拍了许多照片, 给朋友们买了一些礼物；
一．1. reduce 2. harm 3. arrival 4. simply 5. factories
6. development 7. endless 8. ladies’ 9. lower 10. nicely
二．1. D 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. C 6. B
7. C 8. B 9. A 10. D 11. D 12. A
三．1. is ringing 2. to drive 3. doesn’t rain 4. fell
5. have lived 6. was watching 7. will hold/are going to hold 8.eating
四．1. B 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. A 6. D 7. A 8. C 9. B 10. A
五．1. B 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. A 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. B
六．1. getting 2. ways 3. ever 4. seen 5. good
6. need 7. With 8. pollution 9. already 10. until
七．1. couldn’t stop clapping
2. has turned into
3. actively takes action to
4. make more space/room for
5. were in a hurry to go to school/ went to school in a hurry /hurried to school
6. has been away for two days/since two days ago
My trip to Li Yuan Garden
Li Yuan Garden is a clean and beautiful garden / park in Wuxi. It has open space and fresh air. Last Friday my classmates and I took a bus to Li Yuan Garden. We spent the whole day there. We took many photos. We bought some presents/gifts for our friends. We had a good time. I will never forget the beautiful view there. Now I understand the importance of protecting the environment. I will try my best to make our city more beautiful. ( 75 words)