A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was cooking supper, and 15 her piece of paper that he had written something on. After his mother 16 her hands, she read what was on the paper.
For 17 the grass $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week $1.00
For going to the supermarket for you $1.00
For looking after my baby brother while you went shopping $1.00
For taking out the rubbish $1.00
For getting a good report card $5.00
For cleaning up the garden $2.00
Well, his mother looked at him for a while, and then she picked up a pen, turned
18 the paper he had written on, and this was what she wrote:
For the nine 19 I carried you while you were growing inside me, free.
For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, fed you and sung songs for you, free
For all the tears that you’ve 20 through the years, free.
For all the nights that were filled with 21 , free.
For the toys, food, clothes, and even cleaning your nose, free.
And when you add it all up, the 22 cost of real love is free.
When the little boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were tears in his eyes. He looked straight 23 at his mother and said, “ I’m sure do love you.” And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: 24 INFULL.
15. A. passed B. posted C. offered D. borrowed
16. A. waved B. clapped C. dried D. shook
17. A. pushing B. cutting C. mopping D. picking
18. A. back B. away C. over D. off
19. A. days B. weeks C. months D. years
20. A. enjoyed B. caused C. collected D. proved
21. A. jokes B. wishes C. smiles D. worries
22. A. full B. half C. high D. new
23. A. out B. around C. down D. up
24. A. PAID B. SOLD C. SPENT D. BOUGHT