第Ⅱ卷 (非选择题 共60分)
1. Audery Hepburn was (活跃的)in the film industry for nearly 40years.
2. It will be a dangerous trip. Are you sure you want to take the (风险)
3. I cannot (许诺) you anything at this moment, but I will try my best.
4. The London Olympic Games, the (第三十) summer games in history, will open on July 27th, 2012.
5. Sometimes it requires courage to tell the (true)
6. This machine is (special) designed for blind people.
7. Follow me, guys! Close your eyes, open your arms and (breath).
8. What a terrible painting! This is probably the (ugly) painting I’ve ever seen.
1. ---Is everyone here?
---- No, sir. Jim (not arrived) yet. He is still on the way.
2. You can come over now, but 10 minutes is all I can spare (talk) with you.
3. I’m sorry that I didn’t answer your phone. I (listen) to music and didn’t hear the ring.
4. The final result can (find) on our website by the end of this week.
5. ---Did the old soldiers from Taiwan enjoy the welcome party last Friday?
----Yes. They were so excited to see their friends again. Most of them (not see) each other since 1949.
6. Don’t worry about your boy too much. His temperature (drop) back to normal if he takes his medicine.
7. The old computer (break) down easily, so I had to restart it again and again.
8. The sunlight we are all used to (include) seven different colors.
Have you ever tried the “Magic Cube”(魔方)？Pick up one of these cubes and you probably won’t be able to p (1) it down. How hard can it be to rearrange the nine little s (2) on each side of the cube? In fact, there are millions of possibilities! It has been over 30 years since the cube first h (3) the market! However, not many people know that it was used as a simple classroom m (4) at the beginning.
In 1974, Mr. Erno Rubik i (5) the “Magic Cube” as he called it. He did this to help his students u (6) difficult 3D concepts(概念). This classroom example was quickly t (7) into a popular toy. In 1979, ideal Toys started to sell it as “Rubic’s Cube”. The invention quickly became a 1980s c (8) icon.
As time went by, the cube once l (9) its attractive qualities. However, it made a comeback with the Internet. Now anyone can go online and find many videos that show ways to s (10) the cube. Eric Akkersdijk of the Netherlands holds the world record now. he finished in just 7.08 seconds.
The underground in Wuxi in 2014.
It’s not at this moment.
I left home so that I would not be late for the meeting.
Don’t ,or you will have to find another job.
The news than we had expected.
It was too late when .
假设你是无锡日报英文周刊English Weekly的特约小记者,请在答题卡指定位置上，以“A New Town”为题，写一则80词左右的简讯，介绍我市太湖新城（Taihu New Town）。内容提示见下表：