1. It takes us about _______ hour to get to Yangzhou-Taizhou Airport from Yangzhou by _____ bus.
A. an; a B. a; an C. an; / D. a; /
2. －It’s said that a foreign English teacher will teach us English next term.
－Wow! ___________! We can practice our oral English better.
A. What an excited news B. How excited the news is
C. What exciting news D. How exciting news
3. －A latest Yangzhou Daily, please!
－Only one copy left. Would you like to have ________ ,sir?
A. one B. it C. this D. that
4. －Wish you a pleasant journey!
－Thanks! I’ll give you a ________ as soon as I arrive in Paris.
A. ring B. hand C. ride D. present
5. We all know that paper burns in _________.
A. CO2 B. N2 C. O2 D. CO
6. She sang a song I believe I can fly in Yangzhou English Classics Reading Contest. I have never heard a ________ voice than that before.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
7. －Doctor, ________ should I take this medicine?
－Twice a day.
A. what time B. how much C. how soon D. how often
8. －Excuse me, when are we going to have a picnic?
－I’m not sure. Ask our monitor, please. He _________ know.
A. need B. can C. may D. shall
9. －The light in his office is still on. Do you know ____________?
－In order to prepare for tomorrow’s meeting.
A. if he works hard B. why he stays up so late
C. why is he so busy D. when he will stop working
10. －Don’t ________, my children. Keep working hard and you will win the match.
－Thank you, Mr. Zhang. We’ll try our best.
A. put up B. call up C. set up D. give up
11. －Why are you in such a hurry, John?
－There ________ a basket ball match between Class Three and our class in ten minutes.
A. is going to be B. is going to have C. will have D. will hold
12. Zhang Lili is considered as the most beautiful teacher _______ gave her love to her students in danger.
A. who B. that C. whom D. which
13. We must do everything we can ________ our earth cleaner and safer.
A. made B. to making C. make D. to make
14. －Tom, be careful not to drive too fast. _______________.
－Thank you for your advice.
A. It’s better to be safe than sorry B. Too many cooks spoil the broth
C. Many hands make light work D. Every dog has its day
15. －Thank you for the present you sent me. It’s so nice.
A. No, thanks B. I’m glad you like it
C. Please don’t say so D. No, it isn’t so good