1.D 2. D 3. B 4.C 5. A
6. B 7. A 8.A 9.D 10. B
11. B 12.C 13．A 14.C 15. D
16. A 17. C 18. D 19. A 20. B
21. C 22. D 23. B 24. C 25. B
26. B 27. C 28. D 29. A 30. C
31. D 32. A 33. C 34. C 35. D
36. A 37. A 38. D 39. B 40. B
41. dry 42. hardly 43. lying 44. fares 45. dropped
46. hero’s 47. eighties 48. paid 49. way 50. listen
51. Your father looks cool in red and white T-shirt.
52. I sometimes doubt whether this book is worth reading.
53. There is less air pollution in Suzhou than in other cities of China.
54. Many accidents are caused by careless driving.
55. If you compare her homework with his, you’ll find hers is much better.
One possible version ：
Monday, Sept. 3 Fine
Today was the first day of my new life. I looked at my new books and checked everything for the new school year, I was excited as well as worried.
I was excited because I am a student of senior midd le school now. I was worried because I didn’t quite know about the teachers, students in this school. I was afraid that I couldn’t fit in well.
When I got to school, I found everyone was really sweet to me. Teachers were kind and ready to help us. I soon forgot my nervousness. 1 felt at home.
At the end of today, I felt no more fear and I believe I will have lots of fun at this new school.