16. The phonetic transcription for the word “said” is _______.
A. / si:d/ B./sed/ C. /seid/ D./said/
17. They want their daughter to go to _______ university, but they also want her to get________ summer job.
A. 不填；a B. the; a C. an;a D. a;the
18. You look worried! Is ________ all right?
A. everything B. something C. anything D. nothing
19. We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen __________ we speak.
A. as twice much as B. twice as much as C. as much as twice D. as much twice as
20. It is really cool to realize your dream __________ great effort.
A. through B. of C. till D. about
21. He failed in the math test and looks sad. Let’s __________.
A. put him up B. set him up C. cheer him up D. clean him up
22. You ________ be serious! You’re actually going to lend him money again?
A. needn’t B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’t
23. You make lunch,________ I’ll take care of the baby.
A. but B. or C. for D. and
24. –Do you consider yourself as a rude person?
-_________ not. I always have good manners.
A. Probably B. Usually C. Generally D. Ce rtainly
25. Mark _________ in China for 10 years and now he teaches Chinese in Britain.
A. has worked B. worked C. had worked D. is working
26. –Could you tell me _________?
A. where’s there a good place to eat B. where there’s a good place to eat
C. where is a good place to eat D. where a good place is to eat
27. Mom makes me eat an apple every day __________ the doctor away.
A. keeps B. is kept C. to keep D. kept
28. People who eat a balanced diet should be healthier than those who only eat biscuits and hamburgers,__________?
A. don’t they B. do they C. shouldn’t they D. should they
29. It’s your _________ as a teacher to protect your students.
A. duty B. hobby C. habit D. manner
30. –On, no! There isn’t any sugar left.
--_________. I’ll buy some when I go into town.
A. Good idea B. Not at all C. Go ahead D. Never mind