一、 单项选择 在A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。（本大题共14小题，每小题1分，共14分）
1. The __action film has attracted millions of young people to the cinema.
A. 130-minute B. 130-minutes C. 130 minute D. 130 minutes
2. ---Have you seen Dr. Adams recently?
---No. He__ Hong Kong for an international meeting. He’ll come back tomorrow.
A. has gone in B. has been in C. has gone to D. has been to
3. Don’t drive so fast! We must slow down when we drive___ the tunnel.
A. past B. across C. over D. through
4. If the robot__wrong, you can get a new one for free or get all your money back.
A. went B. goes C. would go D. will go
5.--- Why is the traffic__ to day moving so slowly? We are running late.
--- Calm down. Let’s route. Turn left over there.
A. a same B. the same C. a different D. the different
6. The lady in this photo__be over 50! She looks so young!
A. mustn’t B. must C. can’t D. can
7. --- I like the dress, but I am__I haven’t got enough money.
----Don’t worry. I don’t mind__you some if you like.
A. afraid; lending B. glad; lending C. afraid; to lend D. glad; to lend
8. My father doesn’t like shopping much. he would rather TV at home than____.
A. watch; walk B. watch; to walk C. to watch; to walk D. to watch; walk
9. ---Jason is too stubborn sometimes.
--- I quite . But he’s always friendly to others.
A. accept B. argue C. agree D. admire
10. The old theatre will close soon some extra donations are made.
A. so B. if C. because D. unless
11.--- Your brother often disagrees with you,__ he?
--- . We often have different opinions.
A. does; Yes B. doesn’t; Yes C. does; No D. doesn’t; No
12. Man’s understanding of nature is developing . It never stays at the same level.
A. at the right time B. for the first time C. from time to time D. all the time
13. She got up to get some sleeping pills but found there was left at home.
A. nothing B. none C. something D. nobody
14. ----How would you like your coffee?
A. Black, please B. Very much C. It tastes good D. No, thanks
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was cooking supper, and 15 her piece of paper that he had written something on. After his mother 16 her hands, she read what was on the paper.
For 17 the grass $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week $1.00
For going to the supermarket for you $1.00
For looking after my baby brother while you went shopping $1.00
For taking out the rubbish $1.00
For getting a good report card $5.00
For cleaning up the garden $2.00
Well, his mother looked at him for a while, and then she picked up a pen, turned
18 the paper he had written on, and this was what she wrote:
For the nine 19 I carried you while you were growing inside me, free.
For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, fed you and sung songs for you, free
For all the tears that you’ve 20 through the years, free.
For all the nights that were filled with 21 , free.
For the toys, food, clothes, and even cleaning your nose, free.
And when you add it all up, the 22 cost of real love is free.
When the little boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were tears in his eyes. He looked straight 23 at his mother and said, “ I’m sure do love you.” And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: 24 INFULL.
15. A. passed B. posted C. offered D. borrowed
16. A. waved B. clapped C. dried D. shook
17. A. pushing B. cutting C. mopping D. picking
18. A. back B. away C. over D. off
19. A. days B. weeks C. months D. years
20. A. enjoyed B. caused C. collected D. proved
21. A. jokes B. wishes C. smiles D. worries
22. A. full B. half C. high D. new
23. A. out B. around C. down D. up
24. A. PAID B. SOLD C. SPENT D. BOUGHT
Every August, Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is the home of one of the most important arts festivals in the world. Three of our young readers went there and told us about it.
her often disagree
25. This passage is most probably from .
A. a local newspaper B. a TV magazine
C. a festival leaflet D. a sports magazine
26. Who went to the arts festival alone?
A. Marti B. Jack C. Hannah D. None of them
27. What similar characteristic do the three teenagers share?
A. They all expected that they would have a great time before they went.
B. They all thought the festival would be rather boring before they went.
C. They were all music lovers and enjoyed singing and dancing a lot.
D. they were under 18 so they had to go to the festival with adults.
Martin had just finished high school. He would go to college at the far end of the city. He didn’t want to live there, and he didn’t want to take the bus either. So his father agreed to buy him a car.
His father spent all his summer teaching him how to drive, from the ABC to the XYZ. Thinking of the great feeling of driving a new car, Martin learned very quickly, and received his driver’s license just before his eighteenth birthday.
The second day, all the family, and their dog, went to a car shop. Martin spent almost all the morning going from one car to another. Finally he saw a red Blue Bird. He had a testing drive on the open ground, and called out, “This is what I want, Dad!” when everything was done, they were ready to leave.
Martin climbed into the front seat. He said excitedly, “It’s my first day driving alone. Dad, Mom, and Poo! Enjoy it!”
His dad immediately took the back seat, right behind the new driver. Martin wondered why his father chose that seat, for his father always enjoyed looking in front.
So he said, smiling, “I’m sure you’re back there to have a change after all those weeks of sitting in the front seat teaching me how to drive.”
“No,” Dad replied, “Do you remember what you did to me all those years when I took you to and from school? I am sitting here to hit and kick the back of your seat all the way !”
28. Which of the following is NOT the reason why Martin’s father agreed to buy him a car?
A. Martin would go to college and it was far from home.
B. Martin preferred living at home to living at college.
C. Martin didn’t want to take the public transport.
D. Martin was able to learn how to drive very quickly.
29. In which order did Martin do the following things?
a. He finished his high school b. He tested driving the new car.
c. He got his driver’s license d. He decided to buy the Blue Bird.
e. He kicked the front seat while his father was driving.
A. e-a-c-b-d B. a-c-b-d-e C. e-c-a-b-d D. a-c-d-b-e
30. How would the whole family probably feel on their way home?
A. Angry B. Sad C. Cheerful D. Shocked
Space travel is nothing new. The first spacecraft with a human was sent up into space in 1961. Since then, people have not only traveled to space, but many of them have also lived there in space stations for sometime.
The Soviet Union sent the first space station into space in 1971. this space station was called Salyut 1. Salyut 1 was designed as a place where people could live while they observed space and did experiment. The first group of astronauts lived there for 23 days. The Soviet Union went on to make seven more Salyut space stations. At about the same time, the United Stations built its own space station, called Skylab.
Astronauts visited and often lived in these space stations for a short time. However, it wasn’t until the late 1980s when the Soviet Union sent the Mir space station that people began to live in space for a longer time. Mir stayed in space from 1989 until 2001, when it was decided that the space station was too old and no longer safe to live in.
Living in space stations seems to be fun, but astronauts face many problems. One of them is food. All the meals on space stations are put together on Earth and sent there by space shuttle. Because the food has to last a long time (sometimes up to three months), a lot of it has to be stored in cans. The space station does not have a fridge, but it has a cool room to keep fruit and vegetables fresh. Astronauts also eat many other foods such as dried meat that o not need special care.
Without the help of gravity, sitting down to eat can be tough. Astronauts sometimes have to fix themselves to the wall while eating. They also have to be very careful so that food does not float away.
31. Which of the following has the closest meaning to the underlined word “observed” in Paragraph 2?
A. Discovered B. Checked C. Watched D. Fixed
32. What can we infer(推断) from the passage?
A. Astronauts can never have a chance to eat fresh food when they live in space stations.
B. The Soviet Union sent a total of 9 space stations into space in the 1970s and 1980s.
C. Astronauts could live in the Mir space station for no more than three weeks.
D. Space travel has quite a long history of more than 60 years.
33. What is the best title of this passage?
A. Exploring Space B. Space Travel C. Living in Space D. Space Stations
During the 1800s, African Americans worked long days in the fields of the American South. They sang songs that they had brought from Africa while working. One person sang a line. Then a group of workers repeated it. The song’s words told of the hardships(艰辛) that people suffered. They clapped their hands and stamped(跺脚) their feet to the music.
In the 1860s, the music changed greatly. African American music took new forms. It was also influenced by dance music, which had great rhythm(节奏). Banjos(班卓琴) became popular. A blues singer usually sang a line and then played the Banjo in reply. By the early 1900a, the guitar had taken the place of Banjo in the blues music.
The blues music has many obvious characteristics. One of them is that the musical notes(音调) are often “bent”. That is, they are changed slightly to give a song more strength.
Lyrics are the words of a song. Blues lyrics describe everyday life. The lyrics are often about the relationships between men and women. They tell about finding and losing love, having money or being poor, being happy or sad or lonely. They almost always use the rhythms of everyday speech. A group of blues lyrics usually has three lines. The second line repeats the first line. The third line has different words.
By the 1940s, large numbers of African Americans moved to Chicago. There, a new kind of “Chicago” blues began. The new music was excellent dance music. Chicago blues led to the birth of a new music style—rock and roll.
34. This passage is mainly about .
A. the blues music B. the life of African Americans
C. the blues lyrics D. the rhythms of different music
35.What information does the passage NOT provide?
A. How the blues music developed as time went by.
B. What the blues lyrics are mostly about.
C. When African Americans moved the American South.
D. Hoe long the Banjo was popular in the blues history.
36. Which of the following is most likely taken from a blues song?
A. You have to help me. I’ll die if you don’t, you have to help me .
B. you have to help me. You have to help me. I’ll die if you don’t.
C. I’ll die if you don’t. you have to help me. You have to help me.
D. I’ll die if you don’t help me. You have to help me. Please help me.
37. What fact does the passage lead you to believe?
A. African Americans sang songs after a long day’s work to relax in the 1800s.
B. The blues singers in the 1860s usually played the guitar while singing songs.
C. It is not difficult to tell the blues music from others from its musical notes.
D. Rock and roll was the most popular blues music in Chicago in the 1950s.
第Ⅱ卷 (非选择题 共60分)
1. Audery Hepburn was (活跃的)in the film industry for nearly 40years.
2. It will be a dangerous trip. Are you sure you want to take the (风险)
3. I cannot (许诺) you anything at this moment, but I will try my best.
4. The London Olympic Games, the (第三十) summer games in history, will open on July 27th, 2012.
5. Sometimes it requires courage to tell the (true)
6. This machine is (special) designed for blind people.
7. Follow me, guys! Close your eyes, open your arms and (breath).
8. What a terrible painting! This is probably the (ugly) painting I’ve ever seen.
1. ---Is everyone here?
---- No, sir. Jim (not arrived) yet. He is still on the way.
2. You can come over now, but 10 minutes is all I can spare (talk) with you.
3. I’m sorry that I didn’t answer your phone. I (listen) to music and didn’t hear the ring.
4. The final result can (find) on our website by the end of this week.
5. ---Did the old soldiers from Taiwan enjoy the welcome party last Friday?
----Yes. They were so excited to see their friends again. Most of them (not see) each other since 1949.
6. Don’t worry about your boy too much. His temperature (drop) back to normal if he takes his medicine.
7. The old computer (break) down easily, so I had to restart it again and again.
8. The sunlight we are all used to (include) seven different colors.
Have you ever tried the “Magic Cube”(魔方)？Pick up one of these cubes and you probably won’t be able to p (1) it down. How hard can it be to rearrange the nine little s (2) on each side of the cube? In fact, there are millions of possibilities! It has been over 30 years since the cube first h (3) the market! However, not many people know that it was used as a simple classroom m (4) at the beginning.
In 1974, Mr. Erno Rubik i (5) the “Magic Cube” as he called it. He did this to help his students u (6) difficult 3D concepts(概念). This classroom example was quickly t (7) into a popular toy. In 1979, ideal Toys started to sell it as “Rubic’s Cube”. The invention quickly became a 1980s c (8) icon.
As time went by, the cube once l (9) its attractive qualities. However, it made a comeback with the Internet. Now anyone can go online and find many videos that show ways to s (10) the cube. Eric Akkersdijk of the Netherlands holds the world record now. he finished in just 7.08 seconds.
The underground in Wuxi in 2014.
It’s not at this moment.
I left home so that I would not be late for the meeting.
Don’t ,or you will have to find another job.
The news than we had expected.
It was too late when .
假设你是无锡日报英文周刊English Weekly的特约小记者,请在答题卡指定位置上，以“A New Town”为题，写一则80词左右的简讯，介绍我市太湖新城（Taihu New Town）。内容提示见下表：
1-5 ACDBC 6-10 CAACD 11-14 BDBA
15-19 ACBCC 20-24 BDADA
25-29 ADBDA 30-34 CCBDA 35-37 CBC
A）1. active 2.risk(s) 3. promise 4. thirtieth
B) 5.truth 6. specially 7. breathe 8. ugliest
1. has not/ hasn’t arrived 2. to talk 3. was listening 4. be found
5.had not/ hadn’t seen 6. will drop 7. broke 8. includes
1. put 2. squares 3.hit 4. model 5.invented
6. understand 7. turned 8 . cultural 9. lost 10. solve
1. will be in use/service
2. wise of you to give up
3. twenty minutes earlier than usual
4. make such silly mistakes/ a silly mistake any more
5. seemed to (be ) spread faster/more quickly
6.she realized what she (had) really wanted