official agreement to or approval of something 同意，赞成
1. She is by common assent, the best person for the job.
3. I won’t give my assent to her plan.
As an intransitive verb, it means “to agree to a request, an idea or a suggestion” assent作不及物动词，意为”同意，赞成，认可”
1. Nobody would assent to the terms they proposed.
2. I can never assent to such a request.
3. The teacher will never assent to our playing football in the street.
a way of pronouncing the words of a language that shows which country, area or social class a person comes from 口音，腔调
1. She speaks English with a Chinese accent.
2. She tried to reproduce his accent.
3. He has a strong American accent.
（1）I fully assent to your plan. √