Unit 7 Living Together
1. 一般过去时常表示在过去某时发生的动作或存在的状态（包括过去的习惯动作），常与一般过去时连用的时间状语有：just now, a moment ago, yesterday, last week/month/year, the day before yesterday 及表示过去的时间状语从句。
e.g. I met her in the street the day before yesterday.
Ex. Hangzhou is a nice city. My dad me there when I was about ten years old.
A. pulled B. caught C. took D. brought
2. 过去进行时常用的时间状语有：at that time/moment, at this time yesterday, at +点钟+yesterday, 时间状语从句。
e.g. What were you doing at seven yesterday?
Ex. I on the computer when Jim came to see me yesterday evening.
A. draw B. drew C. was drawing D. am drawing
e.g. She wrote a letter to her friend last night.
She was writing a letter to her friend at nine last night.
Ex. –Why didn’t you give me a phone call?
-- I . But nobody answered the phone.
A. do B. did C. will D. have
Tom was studying in Paris last term.
e.g. John was always coming to school late.
It was a dark night. The wind was blowing hard and the rain was falling heavily. A young man suddenly appeared on the riverbank. He wanted to cross the river.
I was taking a walk when I met him.
5）go, come, leave, start, arrive 等动词可用过去进行时表示过去将来的含义。
I was leaving for Wuhan that day.
Ex. （1）It was warm, so I (take) off my coat.
（2）John (take) a photograph of me while I (read).
（3）Jane (wait) for me when I （arrive）.
（4）Sue wasn’t hungry, so she (not eat) anything.
（5）It was hard work to carry the bags. They (be) very heavy.
（6）When I was young, I (want) to be a bus driver.
表示动作发生的频率程度的副词叫做频度副词，如seldom, always, often, sometimes等。一般常用在一般现在时中，放在be动词，情态动词及第一个助动词之后，实义动词之前。
e.g He is seldom ill.
You must always remember this.
Do you usually go to school on foot?
e.g. Sometimes she goes to school by bus and sometimes she goes to school by bike.
1.– Does Liu Hua ever guess the meanings of English words?
– No, he guesses the meanings of new words. He uses his dictionary all the time.
A. usually B. always C. never D. sometimes
2. English people use Mr. Before a man’s first name.
A. never B. usually C. often D. sometimes
3. If you want to learn English well, you must use it as as possible.
A. often B. long C. hard D. soon
4. She always gets up early and so she is late for school.
A. sometimes B. usually C. never D. often
5. I believe what he says.
A. don’t always B. always don’t C. not always D. always not
6. –I hate vegetables. I eat them.
– But they’re good for your health. You should often eat them.
A. seldom B. often C. usually D. always
7. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
A. never B. often C. seldom D. always
8. –Does Liu Hui do his homework in the afternoon after supper?
– . He does his homework after supper.
A. Yes, usually B. Yes, always C. Never, always D. No, sometimes
9. The rich are not happy.
A. never B. sometimes C. usually D. always
10. She always finishes her homework on time. She leaves it for tomorrow.
A. never B. sometimes C. usually D. seldom
1. 反身代词不能表示“某人的（东西）”之意，因为反身代词没有所有格形式，不能作定语。表示“某人自己的”，须用one’s own.
e.g. I saw the accident with myself eyes.（F）
I saw the accident with my own eyes.（T）
Herself is a teacher.（F）
She herself is a teacher.（T）
e.g. He himself went to see the artist.（F）
He went to see the artist himself.（T）
teach oneself 自学 enjoy oneself 玩得高兴 help oneself 随便吃
say to oneself 自言自语 hurt oneself 伤着自己 dress oneself 自己穿衣
by oneself 独自地 for oneself 为自己
1. Be careful not to hurt . It’s a new knife.
2. I don’t need any help. I can do it all by .
3. –Did you enjoy ?
– Yes, we enjoyed very much.
4. She thinks more of others than of .
5. He is too young to teach English.
6. Help to some cakes, children.
1. I hope to see you next week.
hope to do sth./that从句
e.g. She hopes to get a job overseas.
I hope you won’t be late.
2. There are many different ways to show respect to older people.
show respect to …
e.g. I have the greatest respect for you.
I respect you for your honesty.
3. All the buildings are supposed to provide special facilities for people in wheelchairs.
be supposed to do
e.g. You’re supposed to pay the bill by Friday.
provide sth. for sb.
Can you provide some drinks for us?
4. Do you give up your seat to an older person on a bus or a subway?
give up sth.
e.g. She didn’t give up her job when she got married.
5. Don’t you say “Please” when asking someone for something?
ask sb. for sth.
e.g. Jim always asks mom for some money.
1. He hopes a doctor when he grows up.
A. / B. to being C. to be D. being
2. There are some people who don’t show respect the old in society.
A. to B. in C. at D. of
3. Bill give a lecture on Saturday afternoon.
A. is supposed to B. was supposed to C. be supposed to D. supposed to
4. The government will provide food and drinks the people who suffer poverty.
A. to B. for C. with D. on
5. The doctor asks the old man to smoking for it is bad for his health.
A. give up B. put up C. get off D. put down
6. She always asks her mother something to eat.
A. to B. for C. at D. on
1. doesn’t, she, early, get up , mind
2. likes, by, brother, my, travel, train
3. like, take, to, I, a, bus
4. in, live, they, the, prefer, country
5. at, home, I, today, stay, to, prefer
6. feel, like, I, grandparents, my, visit