1.She’s my best friend—we’ve known each other ________ we were five.
2. I was so hurry to go to work that I forgot to _______ the door.
3. They get _______ well with their neighbor. They often help each other.
4. My shoes are worn out. I need to buy a new ________
5. She isn’t tall but kind ________________ short.
1.We are going to Singapore at the _________ (begin) of July.
2.The ______ (four) boy in the line is a new student.
3.For tourists, feeding _______ (monkey) isn’t allowed in the zoo.
4.In ancient time, it was ________ (possible) for people to travel in space.
5.The young lady left the party without _______ (say) goodbye to anyone.
1. ---It is very important for young people to learn _____ useful foreign language.
---I know that, so I am working hard at English
A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. Be quiet! I have ______ to tell you.
A. nothing important B. important nothing
C. something important D. important something
3. More and more people have a low-carbon life and the air is getting much ________ than a few years ago.
A. clean B. cleanest C. cleaner D. the cleanest
4. The train ___________ the station, so we’ll have to wait for the next train.
A. left B. has left C. is leaving D. will leave
5. A new zoo in that area next year.
A. built B. was built C. builds D. will be built
6. The policeman jumped into the water the child.
A. saved B. save C. saving D. to save
7. Mary ______ be at home, I saw her in the library just now.
A. shouldn’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
8. It’s hard to learn a language. Remember not to______ easily.
A. give up B. get up C. put up D. look up
9. _____ big success the film was!
A. What B. What a C. How D. How a
10._____kind and helpful to the people around us, and we will make the world a nicer place.
A. Be B. Being C. To be D. Been
11.Do you know the man ______ is talking to Miss Wu?
A. he B. whom C. who D. which
12Tom is an imaginative boy, he wonders _______ in the future.
A. how is the world like B. what the world will be like
C. how will the world like D. how the world be like
13.I usually watch television in the evening ________ I have to study for an examination.
A. unless B. if C. while D. when
14.It’s not good to ask questions about someone’s ________ life.
A. busy B. simple C. personal D. healthy
15. Thank you for showing me how to check the computer.
A. That’s right B. Don’t mention it
C. All right D. You are right.