1. All books are divisible into two classes: the books of the hour, and the books of all time.
2. Books are the food for the hungry of great mind.
4. Books are treasure banks storing wisdom passed down from generation to generation.
5. Coping with problems in our real life is the end, and reading is only one of the means to reach the end.
6. Friends are not books, yet books are friends. Friends may betray you, while books are always loyal.
7. He that knows little soon repeats it.
8. If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.
10. It never will rain roses. When we want to have more roses we must plant trees.
11. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
12. Knowledge is one thing, virtue is another.
13. Life is short and art is long.
14. Much learning shows how little mortals know.
15. No matter how much one has experienced, he can’t enrich his knowledge without reading books.
17. Reading make a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.
18. What one describes in the books is one’s thought in his mind. The personality of a book is that of the author.