to need something; to depend on somebody or something 需要；有赖于 [动词]
1. These pets require a lot of care and attention.
2. Please call if you require assistance.
3. This job will require a lot of hard work.
to make somebody do or have something, especially because it is necessary according to a particular law or set of rules 要求，规定，命令 [动词]
1. They require that I should go at once.
2. Students are required to attend classes.
3. The wearing of seat belts is required by law.
to gain something by your own efforts or behavior 通过自己的努力获得 [动词]
1. She has acquired a good knowledge of English.
2. We should try to acquire good habits.
3. It’s important to acquire a foreign language in modern world.