sweet food eaten at the end of a meal 餐后甜点
1. After dinner, we had ice cream for dessert.
2. Ice cream is my favourite dessert.
3. Our dessert is just out of the oven.
4. Dad, your apple pie is my favourite dessert.
a large area of land that has very little water and very few plants growing on it 沙漠，荒地 [名词]
1. The travelers in the desert felt thirsty.
2. The explorers starved to death in the desert.
3. They ventured their lives in exploring the desert.
4. The caravan was caught in the desert.
to leave somebody without help or support 遗弃，离弃 [动词]
1. She was deserted by her husband.
2. Why did you desert teaching for politics?
3. You and Sarah won’t desert me, come what will.
4. Don’t desert me in my hour of need.