the season of the year between summer and winter, when leaves change color and the weather becomes colder 秋季，秋天 [主要用于英国英语中]
1. The autumn harvest is about to start.
2. John is likely to be in London this autumn.
3. It is bright and fresh in early autumn.
the season of the year between summer and winter, when leaves change color and the weather becomes colder 秋季，秋天 [主要用于美国英语中]
1. It took place in the fall of 1980.
2. American people use the word “fall” to mean autumn.
3. Food prices lowered during the fall.
to drop down from a higher level to a lower level 落下，掉落 [不及物动词]
1. September had come and the leaves were starting to fall.
2. One of the kids fell into the river.
3. The rain was falling steadily.
3. 请注意fall作动词时过去式和过去分词的形式：fall - fell - fallen