Last Friday, after doing all the family shopping in the town. I wanted to have a rest before catching the rain. I __1__ a newspaper and some chocolate and __2__ into the station coffee shop. It was a cheap self-service place with long tables to __3__ at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor, __4__ the newspaper and the chocolate on the table and then went to get a cup of coffee.
When I came back with the coffee, There was someone __5__ in the next seat. __6__ was a boy, with dark glasses and old clothes, and __7__ bright red at the front. He had started to eat my chocolate!
Naturally, I was rather uneasy about him, but I didn’t want to have any __8__. I just read the newspaper, tasted my coffee and took a bit of chocolate. The boy looked at me in __9__.Then he took a __10__ piece of my chocolate. I could hardly believe it. Still I didn’t say anything to him. When he took a third piece, I felt more angry than uneasy. I thought, “Well, I shall have the last piece.” And I got it.
The boy gave me a strange look, then __11__ up. As he left, he shouted out, “There’s something __12__ with that woman!” Everyone looked at me, __13__ I didn’t want to quarrel with the boy, so I kept quiet. I did not realize that I had __14__ a mistake until I finished my coffee and was ready to __15__. My face turned red when I saw my unopened chocolate under the newspaper. The chocolate that I had been eating was the boy’s!
1. A. stole B. bought C. sold D. wrote
2. A. went B. sat C. seated D. looked
3. A. sit B. seat C. lie D. laugh
4. A. pushed B. took C. put D. pulled
5. A. jumping B. playing C. sitting D. sleeping
6. A. He B. It C. Who D. What
7. A. cut B. washed C. covered D. colored
8. A. coffee B. trouble C. chocolate D. matter
9. A. carelessness B. anger C. surprise D. happiness
10. A. first B. second C. very D. last
11. A. stood B. took C. cried D. looked
12. A. strange B. wrong C. OK D. funny
13. A. and B. but C. so D. while
14. A. spelt B. corrected C. made D. found
15. A. finish B. leave C. jump D. shop
3. A. to sit at 是作为tables的后置定语，意为“可以在旁边就坐的桌子” 。
4. C.按常理“我”应把报纸等放在桌子上，而不是推到或拉到桌子上故应选 put。
5. C.由下文可知，回来时“我”发现他开始吃“我”的东西，说明他坐在桌旁，故选 sitting。
10. B.习惯用语“a second + 名词”，常用来表示“再一个，又一个”
14. C.固定搭配make a mistake意为“犯了个错误”。
15. B.“我” 在喝完咖啡准备离开时发现了自己的过错，故应选leave。