to try to be more successful or better than somebody else who is trying to do the same as you 竞争，比赛，对抗 [不及物动词]
1. We can’t compete with them on price.
2. The two teams compete for the championship.
3. When it comes to English, I can’t compete with him.
to finish making or doing something 结束，完成 [动词][常用于被动语态]
1. I think the work can be completed ahead of time.
2. The project was completed ahead of the schedule.
3. The railway is not completed yet.
used when you are emphasizing something, to mean ‘to the greatest degree possible’ 完全的，彻底的 [表示强调]
1. I was in a complete haze.
2. She is a complete novice as a reporter.
3. The room was in complete darkness.