1. Norway is one of ________ European countries with a large land area than Britain, Ireland or Italy.
A. as big B. the biggest C. so big D. the bigger
2. Five of Henry’s children were at the wedding party, including ________ , Daniel.
A. an oldest one B. the oldest one C. the old one D. an old one
3. —Can Li Hua help me with my English?
—I regret to tell you her English is ________ yours.
A. as good as B. no more than C. not better than D. as much as
4. I can’t pay ________ as he asked for.
A. a as high price B. as a high price C. as high price D. as high a price
5. —Are you satisfied with Jack’s job?
—Not in the least. It couldn’t be ________ .
A. so bad B. any worse C. much better D. the best
6. — What does the model plane look like?
—Well, the wings of the plane are ________ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
7. It was ________ that both my son and my daughter couldn’t put it down.
A. such interesting a book B. so interesting a book
C. a such interesting book D. so an interesting book
8. Miss Langham arm in arm with Mr Peabody —— ________ sight!
A. how astonishing a B. so an astonishing
C. what astonishing a D. such an astonishing
9. During the ________ , he enjoyed a good primary education.
A. first few happy years abroad B. first happy few years abroad
C. happy first few abroad years D. first abroad few happy years
10. In the 27 th Olympic Games, Liu Hongyu was supposed to win the gold medal in jogging; she failed to, ________ .
A. yet B. though C. although D. anyway
12. Don’t worry about me. I’ll forget it ________ .
A. for long B. sooner C. any longer D. in time
13. —Would you like some wine?
—I don’t drink wine as a rule, but I don’t mind a glass ________ .
A. at any time B. once in a while C. more or less D. all the time
14. —Do you think the weather is good enough for a camp?
—You couldn’t hope for ________ at this time of the year.
A. a nice day B. the nice day C. a nicer day D. the nicest day
15. The guests are ________ friends of the film star.
A. mostly B. almost C. at most D. most of all
16. ________ of the two boys can swim across the river.
A. Toe oldest B. An older C. The strongest D. The older
17. He will pass two milestones ________ , that is, he will receive his master’s degree and find a challenging job.
A. long ago B. not long ago C. before long D. long before
18. —What a pity! I’ve not got a ticket for the football match.
—Don’t worry. It’ll be broadcast ________ .
A. live B. lively C. alive D. living
19. Finnish President said Finland-China relations had progressed ________ with fruitful co-operation(合作)in new and high-tech fields.
A. peacefully B. highly C. quietly D. smoothly
20. He’s not got another job yet and it’s not ________ he will for some time.
A. likely B. easily C. nearly D. lonely
21. It is a beautiful cell phone but it is not ________ the price that I paid for it.
A. reasonable B. valuable C. fit D. worth
22. These shoes are so ________ that I can’t put them on.
A. little B. close C. hard D. tight
23. It’s ________ a long time since I started to teach at this school.
A. quite B. much C. pretty D. so
24. We do meet now and then, but not ________ .
A. freely B. commonly C. regularly D. presently
25. I think this exhibition is ________ of the two. I have never seen ________ exhibition.
A. by far better; the better B. far better; a better
C. by far the better; a better D. far the better; a better
26. You don’t have to be angry with him. He ________ wanted to know the truth.
A. almost B. mostly C. merely D. hardly
27. —Are you pleased with what he has done?
—It couldn’t be ________ . Why didn’t he put more effort into his work?
A. any worse B. much better C. so bad D. the best
28. —What’s wrong?—Nothing serious. I’m just ________ busy.
A. much B. more C. too much D. far too
29. He moved away from his parents and missed them ________ enjoy the exciting life in China.
A. too much to B. very much to C. enough to D. much so as to
30. The little boy isn’t getting on well in maths and worse still, he is even unwilling to go to school. With her son ________ , she feels very ________ .
A. disappointing;worrying B. disappointing;worried
C. disappointed;worried D. disappointed;worrying
1. D. than是解题的关键词，即有than必用比较级。
2. B. 由five可知要用最高级，最高级前面用the。
3. C. 句意为“我遗憾地告诉你，她的英语不如你的好”。
4. D. 在as…as中，第一个as是副词，后面一定是先接形容词，再接名词，即：as +adj. +n. +as，故选D。
5. B. 由not in the least(一点也不满意)可知，“再也没有做得(比他的)更差的了”。
6. C. 考查倍数表达法：①倍数+as…as…②倍数+比较级+than…③倍数+the+名词(size, length, width, height等)+of…。选项中more than是最大的干扰项，more than twice(=over twice)意为“两倍多”。
7. B. so interesting a book =such an interesting book请注意冠词的位置。
8. A. 根据后面的标点“!”，可排除B和D;注意：how astonishing a sight=what an astonishing sight.
9. A. 词序题。副词abroad只能放在所修饰的名词后面，排除C和D。又根据“限定语(冠词、指示代词、物主代词、序数词、基数词、few, less, several等某些量词)+形容词(描绘、大小、形状、年龄新旧、颜色、国籍或产地、物质材料、用途)+名词”可排除B，因为限定词few应放在形容词happy之前。
10. B. though既可作连词，可与although可互换;也可作副词，位于句子末尾，此时，不能用although。yet也可表示“但是”，但不位于句末。anyway=anyhow意为“无论如何、不管怎样”。
11. D. else常放在疑问词(如what, who, how等)或者复合不定代词(如someone, nothing, everybody等)后面;其所有格总是else’s。又如：That must be somebody else’s coat; it isn’t mine.
12. D. 本题中的in time不是“及时”之意，而是“迟早、终究(=sooner or later)”之意。
13. B. once in a while(=occasionally偶尔)与as a rule(=usually, in most cases通常、在多数情况下)相对。
14. C. 因为否定词can’t与比较级连用，表示最高级含义。
15. A. 因为mostly“多半 (是)”;almost“几乎、差不多”;at most“至多”。
16. D. 因为指 “(两者中)较…的那一个”，用“the +比较级”。
17. C. 因为只有before lone (=soon不久以后、很快) 才与将来时连用。
18. A. 因为live作“现场直播”解，可作形容词也可作副词，在此题中是副词;live， alive, living均可作形容词“活着的”解，live只能在动物前作定语，alive可作后置定语、表语或补语，living多作前置定语、表语。lively也是形容词，意为“生动的”。
19. D. 因为指双边关系进展，当然用“顺利”smoothly。Peacefully和平地、安宁地;highly高度地、非常;quietly平静地、寂静地。
20. A. 因为likely是形容词，意为“可能的”，在句中作表语。easily和nearly是副词;虽然lonely(寂寞的)是形容词，但其意义与句意不通。
21. D. 因为只有be worth后才可接宾语。reasonable价格合理的;valuable有价值的或有用的;fit适合的。22. D. tight紧的。
23. A. 因为只有quite才可以放在冠词前面。
24. C. 因为只有regularly(经常地)才与now and then(偶尔)相对。
25. C. 表示“(两者中)较…的那一个”用“the+比较级”，排除A和B。far只能紧靠在所修饰的比较级之前，by far一般放在比较级之后，若有冠词时，要放在冠词之前或比较级之后。
26. C. merely只是。其它选项意义不通。
27. A. 因为It couldn’t be any worse. 意为“(他的工作做得)非常差”，与后文内容相符。
28. D. 因为too修饰形容词或副词，far是用来加强too的语气的。而much除与比较级最高级连用外，一般是非修饰作形容词的过去分词及afraid, alive等。
29. A. 因为too…to do sth. (太…以至于不能做…) 是固定搭配。
30. B. 句意是：由于她的儿子令有失望，她感到非常烦恼。表示“令人…的”用-ing分词，表示“感到…的”用-ed分词。