We should remember that we all learned our own language well when we were children. If we could learn ___1___ second language in the same way, it would not seem so ___2___. Think ___3___ what a small child does. It listens to what people say and tries ______ 4______ what it hears. When it wants something, it has to ask ___5___ it. It is using the language, talking in it, and thinking in it all the time. If people ___6___ use a second language all the time, they would learn it quickly.
We learn our own language ___7___ hearing people speak it, not by seeing what they write. We imitate ___8___ what we hear. In school, though you learn to read and write ___9___ to hear and speak, it is the best way ___10___ all the new words through the ear. You can read them, speak them, and write them later.
1. A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. A. easy B. fast C. simple D. difficult
3. A. of B. out C. over D. about
4. A. imitate B. imitating C. to imitate D. imitated
5. A. of B. for C. after D. about
6. A. could B. should C. would D. had to
7. A. of B. by C. on D. with
8. A. what B. when C. where D. how
9. A. and B. but C. as well as D. as long as
10. A. learn B. learns C. learning D. to learn