Answer key 17
1. Medieval suits of armor, developed for protection during battle, are now placed in castles for decoration.
2. The change of style in these paintings should be obvious to anyone familiar with the artist's works.
3. Islands are actually tips of underwater mountain peaks rising above waler.
4. John Milton, author of Paradise Lost, was a key member of Oliver Cromwell's cabinet.
5. The secretary thought that it might not be the best time to ask her boss for a raise.
6. Gold is one of the heaviest metals known to man.
7. Here are some books for your brother to use.
8. Sexual harassment,a hotly debated issue in the work place, will be the topic of the intercollegiate debate next week.
9. There's nothing left(for me) to say now.
10. People living along the waterfront must be evacuated before the storm hits.
答案C的句型是Vitamin C is often found in fruit and vegetables, 中间再加上同位语a trace element (微量元素)，也就是关系从句 which is a trace element 的简化。
空格以下原为关系从句that was excavated in East Africa,简化后即得A。
空格以下原为关系从句who were actively using the computer...,简化成为C。
空格以下原为关系从句 which functions as the earth's lungs,简化为A。
空格以下原为关系从句that is called coalescence,简化为D.
空格以下原为关系从句where yon can go,简化为B。
空格以下原为关系从句which was discovered in the early 20th century,简化为 D。
空格以下原为关系从句that should be taken seriously,简化为A。
空格以下原为关系从句that is connected to a computer,简化为A。
空格以下原为关系从句that was passed in Harry Truman's tenure,简化为C。