1. Ben Book was educated in an art college. (because)
Ben Book acts unusual.
Ben Book deals with economic matters. (while)
2. I'd like something.
You will meet some people. (that)
3. I'm not sure.
What should I do?
4. He worked late into the night.
He was trying to finish the report. (because)
5. The soldier was wounded in the war. (after)
He was sent home.
6. He used to smoke a lot.
He got married.(before)
7. I am afraid.
The Democratic Party might win a majority. (that)
8. I have nothing better to do. (when)
I enjoy something.
I play poker. (that)
9. Mike won the contest. (when)
Mike was awarded ten thousand dollars.
10. The motorcyclist was pulled over by the police car.
The motorcyclist did not wear a safety helmet. (who)
11. The mayor declined.
The mayor was a very busy person. (who)
The mayor was asked to give a speech at the opening ceremony.(when)
12. Tax rates are already very high. (although)
Tax rates might be raised further to rein in inflation.
13. The resort town is crowded.
There has been an influx of tourists for the holiday season. (because)
14. The student had failed in two tests.(though)
The student was able to pass the course.
15. The president avoided the issue. (that)
This was obvious to the audience.
16. Anyone could tell he was upset.
He had the look on his face. (because)
17. Michael Crichton is in town.
He is author of Jurassic Park. (who)
He could promote his new novel. (so that)
18. I am a conservative. (although)
I'd like to see something.
The conservative party is chastised in the next election. (that)
19. The man found a fly in his soup. (when)
The man called to the waiter.
20. It is a warm day. (because)
We will go to the beach.